Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Walking Dead Episode Discussion - SPOILERS ABOUND!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭jugger

jugger wrote: »
    could it have been a bow ?????

omerin i take it back :o

serious props fail though when darly was stabbing the ground with carrols knife just before he found her he was useing a benchmade infidel thats a 460 dollar knife maybe they blew the weapons budget on that !!!!!http://www.benchmade.com/products/3300

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,752 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Not entirely sure but it could be an optical illusion because of the lines on the wall in the background.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

omerin wrote: »
    Anyone notice near the start of this weeks episode the bent rifle held by one of the guys on the barricade?

Another slightly less obvious gaff was when Carl and Rick are killing the walkers around the fence to allow Michonne in the Prison. Carl was using a suppressor but his gunshots mirrored the report on Ricks revolver . :D Still a great show though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Deise Musashi

he was useing a benchmade infidel thats a 460 dollar knife maybe they blew the weapons budget on that !

Sure he's carried a Busse double cut Team Gemini since the start, and his bow isn't cheap either!

Rednecks love Gucci kit!

Sure he's carried a Busse double cut Team Gemini since the start, and his bow isn't cheap either!

Rednecks love Gucci kit!

and i was just wondering what that knive was today thanks deise

any idea what crossbow he is carrying ???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

I have never liked Andrea, and she's constantly proving that that dislike is earned. She's bitchy and whiny and all around annoying and she's always got this sour look on her face.

I don't think she'd side with Rick...she seems to have it in her head that they left her behind intentionally...it was chaos at the farm, it wasn't intentional at all.

Hopefully shell get more likeable when she rejoins Ricks group again. Im assuming she will rejoin seeing as shes such a big character in the comics. But ya never know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

I've only read the first volume so far. is she an as unlikable character in the graphic novel as she is in the tv series?

I've only read the first volume so far. is she an as unlikable character in the graphic novel as she is in the tv series?

No shes a very likeable kickass character in the comics, akin to Daryl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

I don't like Andrea anymore :/
    Agreed. She's turned into a whiny sheep, blinded by the Governor's charms, as Michone said.
    I have never liked Andrea, and she's constantly proving that that dislike is earned. She's bitchy and whiny and all around annoying and she's always got this sour look on her face.

I don't think she'd side with Rick...she seems to have it in her head that they left her behind intentionally...it was chaos at the farm, it wasn't intentional at all.
    Well, according to the promo for next week's episode....

Why is Michone so damned stubborn? ffs

Merle and Teddy Bear Governor are fúcking pieces of shíte. Can't wait for the brothers reunion :D

Mid season finale :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Deise Musashi

and i was just wondering what that knive was today thanks deise

any idea what crossbow he is carrying ?

Seems to be a Horton Scout?

http://zombieapocalypseacademy.org/2011/11/daryl-dixons-crossbow/

I'd like a small parallel limbed compound bow, like some of the Sayoc folks like to use, but my Mongolian horse bow will do for now ;)

Actually, a reversed draw technology (RDT) bow like the Horton Fury or Vision would be excellent, very accurate and compact bows.

HortonFury.jpg

Seems to be a Horton Scout?

http://zombieapocalypseacademy.org/2011/11/daryl-dixons-crossbow/

Actually, a reversed draw technology (RDT) bow like the Horton Fury or Vision would be excellent, very accurate and compact bows.

HortonFury.jpg

ya thats the one thanks buddy i have been looking at rdt for a while but thats serious cash when you can get a crossbow for a third of there cost :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

The dude in the cabin was odd. governor scout? guy going it alone under the governor's radar?.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

That was kind of weird. Crazy smelly guy alone in a red zone? Suppose he was there as a plot device to show Michonne would kill anyone if needed.

Governor really pushing the limits with the threatened rape. Kinda made for cringing watching it. Glen showing himself to be bad ass/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

glenn really is one tough mofo, didn't break and survived the walker

Maggie caved too easily, but that governor is one seriously creepy bastid.

I can't wait til mere meets daryl

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Have to say mid season finale was a bit ....... meh and had much higher hopes for the two brothers coming together again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Evd-Burner

miju wrote: »
    Have to say mid season finale was a bit ....... meh and had much higher hopes for the two brothers coming together again

WHAT!!! It was a brilliant episode, tonnes of good scenes... We even have Tyrese now :P

I foresee another jailbreak, but from woodberry in February :)

Nice to see Shane again.. and WTF Andrea..

Bah, February..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

Thought it was an all action episode but think they need to do some shooting practice, did anyone actually hit anyone.

Feb cant come quick enough.

i thought it was a pretty sweet episode

new characters for ricks group
    i was never so impressed with glenn he really is a survivor
    running gun battles in the street
    pervey southern guy in the jail
    it turns out carol isnt a lesbian
    governer gets his ass kicked
    michone gets her ass kicked (loved that)
    andrea is confused (again) im betting she stays with the govener
    and the cherry on top is a really pissed merle and a slightly less pissed daryl brought together by a common enemy although i think its a cunning plan by the govener to get a inside man in the prizon

all in all a kickass show it only felt like 10 min long

Steven81 wrote: »
    Thought it was an all action episode but think they need to do some shooting practice, did anyone actually hit anyone.

Feb cant come quick enough.

the shane look alike some guys on the bus one of the prizoners a couple of guys did bite the bullet :D

• Advertisement

jugger wrote: »
    governer gets his ass kicked

also how cool is he going to look with an eye patch :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

I'm not too bothered by the mid-season hiatus. Its only 2 months, not as bad as Breaking Bad doing the 8 episodes and then waiting a year for the other 8.

My jaw is still in the floor after watching the end

Prison guy is fúcking creepy, not liking him at all.

Andrea, oh Andrea... wake up ffs...

And how come Michone did not realise that the girl was a walker, didn't she hear her?

My housemate is used by now to hear me roar and shout at the laptop while I'm watching this... Mondays will be peaceful and meaningless until February :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I liked it and I didn't.

They don't have an infinite amount of ammo so sustained gun battles are a tad ott. Also, what happened that corner of the prison? Surely the group walked and inspected the primary defensive wall!

Was wondering that myself, not very secure is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

This mid season break sucks!

I suppose the prison is generally safe against walkers but looks like anyone can walk in the back and lead a group of zak in after them.

In the comic Michonne had a really darn good reason to go after the Gov. What was her motivation in the series? That he sent people after her?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Great episode. Carls a bad ass now.

I really like Carl now.
    Words cannot describe how pissed I am they killed Oscar, is this a thing now that theres only allowed be one black guy on the show at a time? He was a really good strong character, but they didnt develop him one little bit and his death was just the worst ever. He atleast could have sacrificed himself for the others, just something !

I love all the way the characters are playing off eachother, andrea knows glenn maggie and the rest of ricks group but didnt know oscar, andrea and michonne know eachother, michonne knows andrea and ricks group but not glenn and maggie, andrea doesnt know glenn and maggie or here or rick came to qoodbury, andrea didnt know oscar, merle knows ricks group and andrea and daryl but not maggie or hershel etc etc it just makes it all really really interesting.
    And then at the end when they revealed daryl, that was just superb. ****s gawrn down next season:D

I like carol more now too. Haha the lesbian thing , that was funny:D
    But i dont like where there goin with axel, what a creep. He was actually a cool guy in the comics...

So excited to see what happens between daryl and merle and where andreas loyalty lies. Also excited for andrea to find out who the governor reallyy is and what he did to glenn and maggie and for andrea to rejoin ricks group.

Oh and tyrese :D:D

Did anyone else notice that the couple were called donna and allen and they had a son called ben? nice little way of bringing in the family from the comics:) though i would have preferred if they had the little twins with them instead of a teenage boy, and i wish they hadnt killed donna so fast.

Sorry Im ramblling:pac: But Im thinking seeing as Ben is a teenager in the tv show he may double as ben the character from the comics but also as chris, julies boyfriend from the comic?

• Advertisement

Am i alone here thinking that Carol is superhot? shorthair an' all!

yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Yer a sick man. :eek:
    However in a zombie infested world where there are more men alive than women ... maybe you have a point.

I don't care what ye's think i think she's a babe :)

ok .........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Did you think she was a lesbian too?

ScumLord wrote: »
    Did you think she was a lesbian too?

Nope, sure she was married to that wifebeater and she'd her daughter Sophia, suggested to me she was hetero. I wouldnt care even if she was/nt. A man can dream!

Reckon she's single?

i think if she grew her hair she could be more attractive
    now andera is hotttt..............untill she talks that is :(

happy chrismass degrassinoel
    http://melissa-mcbride.com/

• Advertisement

Daryl, go and kick your brother's ass, stop posting here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

wow that was a great episode.The governor really is an unhinged guy. I agree that it was a bit slow to get going but the end with merle and daryl meeting my jaw hit the floor. I hope either of them don't get killed off in the next ep. Merle is a great character and I'd love to see him side with Rick. Great to see tyrese in it too!

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Go Home Degrassinoel, you're drunk! :D

was just waiting for someone to say it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

So there was a replacement black guy in the new group that went into the prison to replace the one shot in the town, who was in the prison to replace other black guy. I really hope they develop the new black guy's character and stop using them as the extras in a star trek episode.

So there was a replacement black guy in the new group that went into the prison to replace the one shot in the town, who was in the prison to replace other black guy. I really hope they develop the new black guy's character and stop using them as the extras in a star trek episode.

I know, its like the producers of the show have been specifically told only one black guy is allowed on the show at a time...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

yer not alone, I would too ;)

that said tho, I'm not picky :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

bb1234567 wrote: »
    I know, its like the producers of the show have been specifically told only one black guy is allowed on the show at a time...

It's a Actors Union rule ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Tzar Chasm wrote: »
    yer not alone, I would too ;)

that said tho, I'm not picky :p

Not saying I would or anything, but she's far from a stinker in fairness!

melissa-mcbride-walking-dead-season-premiere-BjIjzo.jpg

Jason Todd wrote: »
    Not saying I would or anything, but she's far from a stinker in fairness!

melissa-mcbride-walking-dead-season-premiere-BjIjzo.jpg

Shes kinda pretty the same way youd say that some auld one was probably attractive in her youth.

the more i lok at her the more i think degrassinoel might have some sort of point but i think at best she is in the strangely attractive catageory :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement