Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reballing

Options
  • 08-11-2010 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭

Easy question does any one here do reballing need to reball a chip on a motherboard took the Gpu chip of my motherboard.

while im here is there an way to fix the gpu back on with out a reballer by just useing a soldering iron and a heat gun ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

you took off the gpu of the board? what did you use, heatgun? You can bin that board. BER so to say.

BTW. you can't reball the bga chip using solder iron and heatgun, you need temperature controlled hot air station with some kind of preheater.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

It was a laptop mothrboard i heated up the gpu a few times with a heat gun and it would only last a few weeks every time so i decided i would press down on the chip when it was heated up but solder came out the side of the chip on the laptop would not turn on then so i decided to take the chip of as it wasnt working

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Ahh, if it's a laptop GPU then there are plenty of people who'll do it - any decent repair company :)

Ahh, if it's a laptop GPU then there are plenty of people who'll do it - any decent repair company :)

I think you missed important bit TV:
    but solder came out the side of the chip on the laptop would not turn on then

that probably shorted mobo and/or gpu chip.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

docentore wrote: »
    I think you missed important bit TV:
    but solder came out the side of the chip on the laptop would not turn on then

that probably shorted mobo and/or gpu chip.

I sure did miss that bit :pac: I guess it'd be more important than ever to get it to a laptop repair place now though :o

• Advertisement

you are dead right ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

I do have an other motherbord that will fit the laptop only thing is the spec of the other motherboard is not as good.

The other board takes a duel core amd chip ha no hdmi and the gpu is not as good :(

The other motherbord also needs to be reballed or a reflow

Advertisement