Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting paid to do survey's.

Options
  • 08-11-2010 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭

Hi, I was talking to a friend recently about difficulties with finding work for students and he recommended applying for survey work where by you get paid to spend a few hours doing various research surveys for companies seeking data. I remember getting an email in 1st year about some of this work but was too pre occupied with exam preparations at the time to do it. Anyway just wondering does anybody on here do this type of work, and where you might find out more about it?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Its really false economy. For the 10 to 50 minutes it takes to do one survey, you might get €3. So thats €3 per hour. Any job pays better than that. Also they pay with vouchers, not nessisarily cash and won't pay til you earn maybe €20, so 10+ surveys. They also pick people based on criteria i.e. Male, 25 to 30 years old so you mightn't always have a survey.

A friend of mine does it for the laugh more than anything. I wouldn't seriously consider it as a earner.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Hoku

If you're looking for some spare change, you could sign up to a website called Triond.com and you actually get paid for writing articles there. What you get paid is very little (on average 6 views per $0.01), so ironclaw's argument still stands.

But with a reasonable amount of decent articles you could be earning quite a bit. My friend earned over $1500 in about 6 months with no more than 250 articles! You earn on a continuous basis based on the amount of views that you get. Payments go out on the 10th of every month and you only have to have a minimum of $0.50 earned to be paid. You won't make a living from it, but it is some easy money for almost no serious work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭DeadMoney

Hoku wrote: »
    If you're looking for some spare change, you could sign up to a website called Triond.com and you actually get paid for writing articles there. What you get paid is very little (on average 6 views per $0.01), so ironclaw's argument still stands.

But with a reasonable amount of decent articles you could be earning quite a bit. My friend earned over $1500 in about 6 months with no more than 250 articles! You earn on a continuous basis based on the amount of views that you get. Payments go out on the 10th of every month and you only have to have a minimum of $0.50 earned to be paid. You won't make a living from it, but it is some easy money for almost no serious work.

Thanks for this, if anything I think this could be a nice hobbie in my spare time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

I did something similar to what was mentioned above with the articles during the summer. Wrote the pieces during my lunch break in work, didn't make a huge amount, but it was a nice bonus for something that did not take a huge amount of time or effort..

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Greyian

For any of you guys interested in Triond, there is also a similar site called Bukisa.com. It works much the same way. You get paid for each view you garner on your work. In my experience, Bukisa does pay better per view and I've only ever personally experienced a viral article on Bukisa.

I haven't written there in a while, but when I used to, you could re-publish anything you'd written previously on Triond onto Bukisa, so you could basically get double the earnings potential from a single piece of work.

Just something to consider guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

This is interesting stuff. Any tips on what type of articles do better than others?

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Hoku

Articles about gaming, business (some) and travel tend to be quite popular. Also articles dealing with the current Leaving Cert topics are likely to get quite a few hits, particularly for English Paper 2 and Geography.

Best of luck to anybody that signed up!

Advertisement