Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just Spayed Kitten

Options
  • 08-11-2010 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Got my 6mth old kitten spayed today and she's feeling very sorry for herself!

I'm unsure what to do with her as the vet has told us not to let her jump too much etc so I was going to keep her in my hall (theres nothing for her to jump on) but it's too cold for her!

The other rooms are warm but theres lots for her to jump on. I have her in the cat carrier with a cushion beside the radiator in the living room but I can't keep her in there indefinitely!!

I'm just afraid of her hurting herself, pulling stitches or being too cold or more uncomfortable than she already is, so if anyone has any suggestions on how to keep her happy, safe, comfy & warm I'd appreciate it :)

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Have you tried letting her out of the carrier yet? She probably won't even attempt to jump or stretch as she will still be in a little discomfort. After I got my cat done she got straight into her bed and lay there for ages, wouldn't move at all, I thought Id killed her. It's the anaesthetic that takes so much out of them, it'l take her a few hours to get over that.

If your worried about her being cold then place a hot water bottle under a blanket but make sure there's space for her to move away from it if she gets too warm. A big cardboard box might be handy and if you put something over the top of it it'l stop her jumping out.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭artieanna

I've been there in the past and have two girls coming up for it soon.

She should sleep it out for today and tonight. Tomorrow she will be perkier light food and drinks. Cats do like to sleep fairly high up so maybe a couch would be good. You could also use a box or a stool for her to get up to her sleeping place, that way she would not be jumping high.

Cats are pretty sturdy and you will find she will improve quite quickly.
    Try not to worry, she will be fine:)

Fair play to you for having her spayed, great to see responsible owners;)

Advertisement