Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

123.ie Set-up fee? Can they do this?

• 08-11-2010 8:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi guys,

I got a car insurance quote with 123 last monday, and it seemed a little bit cheaper then my renewal so i went ahead with it.

What i didnt realise is i made an error when filling out the info online, instead of putting 2 years no claims bonus it went through as three without me knowing so when i sent proof of my no claims to 123 they emailed on thursday and pointed out my error and said my premium is going to cost me another 95 euro :mad:

Straight away i emailed them back saying to cancel it because it was wayy more then i was going to pay, they said they will refund it cause im in my cooling off period, but theres a 'Non-Refundable 40 Euro Set-up Fee'...

Now i cant understand why this was set up, when they discovered it was going to cost me more money they should of put everything on hold until they got my consent to go ahead and pay the 95 extra (which im not!)

Ive being trying to get in contact with a manager but they keep giving me the brush off and i cant get a straight answer :(

Do i have a good complaint against them and can they really charge me for services i didnt recieve?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,518 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

that'll be written into the terms and conditions that you read and signed/ticked the box online, so you agreed to it in effect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Lellyphant wrote: »
    Do i have a good complaint against them and can they really charge me for services i didnt recieve?

You did receive a service. You received a set up service. It is only fair you pay for this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

You need to read the T&Cs. As brokers they will charge you a premium as well as additional service charges for changing cars, your address, level of cover, etc, etc. This is the 'RyanAir' end of the insurance market.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 123_45

Lellyphant wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I got a car insurance quote with 123 last monday, and it seemed a little bit cheaper then my renewal so i went ahead with it.

What i didnt realise is i made an error when filling out the info online, instead of putting 2 years no claims bonus it went through as three without me knowing so when i sent proof of my no claims to 123 they emailed on thursday and pointed out my error and said my premium is going to cost me another 95 euro :mad:

Very interesting case, because the same happens to me.
    After filling out info online 2 years no claims bonus became as three years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

123_45 wrote: »
    Very interesting case, because the same happens to me.
    After filling out info online 2 years no claims bonus became as three years.

What's interesting about it ? You are being charged for cancelling? It's in their terms of business quite clearly

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭la ultima guagua

Is this the crowd that wont produce insurance 'discs' in the required form ?

Advertisement