Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with replacing a laser card.

Options
  • 08-11-2010 8:58pm

Hey, I am staying in Paris until christmas with my job at the moment and on Saturday night I had my wallet stolen. So I had everything cancelled. I was told on Saturday to ring my branch today in order to get my card replaced, which I did. The girl I was dealing with said that I have to go in to the branch and fill out a form to get a replacement which clearly i'm in no position to do. A friend of mine here in Paris also had his wallet stolen a few weeks ago and the same bank (different branch) had a new card posted to his Irish address without any hassle. So why won't they do the same for me? The bank is Bank of Ireland by the way. I explained my situation to them but they are insisting that I go to the branch! Any help will be appreciated. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

You should not have to go to your branch. Ring your branch back and ask to speak to someone who is not an idiot.

Advertisement