Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not getting daily forum update e-mails.

Options
  • 08-11-2010 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭

As the thread title says, I'm subscribed to 11 different forums according to the list under "My Forums" from the top menu but looking back through my e-mail, I only seem to get the daily updates from 2 of them. I thought it might be because nothing had happened for the forums in the previous day but that's not the case. The forums in question definitely have traffic.

I found the e-mail updates to be very handy for forums that I moderate as I can see all the new threads quickly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Just to follow up on this, I tried unfollowing and then refollowing the forums but nothing has changed unfortunately. I am still just getting the e-mail updates from 2 of the forums.

And another follow up. I tried following another forum to see if I would get the daily e-mail updates for that one and no joy. I still just get the same two updates and no others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭Ross

This is something I'm aware of, but I haven't set time aside to investigate it properly. Cracked into it for a few hours one afternoon, but didn't get far. Will set some time aside to have a look at it again.

Ross wrote: »
    This is something I'm aware of, but I haven't set time aside to investigate it properly. Cracked into it for a few hours one afternoon, but didn't get far. Will set some time aside to have a look at it again.
    Thanks for the update Ross.

Malice_ wrote: »
    Thanks for the update Ross.
    No prob, sorry for the delayed response, easy for some problems to slip under the radar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭fAzI

same issue for me :(

any news?

thx

At least now I know I'm not alone!

Malice_ wrote: »
    At least now I know I'm not alone!

yes for me it's not working since new layout come out.

also it's so annoying for bargain alerts forum :)

Hi.
    Any changes after 3 weeks? Still not getting any updates from forums :(

I noticed this morning that I received the daily forum update e-mails for all the forums that I follow except for the Category Moderators one. Any change for you fAzI?

• Advertisement

The Category Moderator one has been arriving for the last few days so I guess I'm back to normal now anyway. Thanks to whoever fixed this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,832 ✭✭✭Alkers

Same problem here for the last two days!

Kinda sporadic alright, it's buried in the guts of vBulletin somewhere and we haven't had a chance to look at it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,832 ✭✭✭Alkers

Hmmm, was all back to normal for me again yesterday!

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Hmmm, was all back to normal for me again yesterday!
    Posting on this thread must have fixed it :).

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement