Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The apprentice IRL week 8

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Apple Orange

Jesus that "slow down boys" ad was a bit OTT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Jesus that "slow down boys" ad was a bit OTT

I thought it was class.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭stevejr

amdublin wrote: »
    The jung fella is a bit tick I tink.

I agree. I this year's Apprentice is goin a little bit Xfactor, I know it's not live but a decent producer could spot that a lot more peple will tune in every week for thick Will versus also thick and dopey Tara.

What's the reason for being reasonable?

Is that an unreasonable question?

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Robert McGrath

Whatever Panos' motivation is for being on this show, it's becoming clear to me that he's actually quite a smart guy - machiavellian & work-shy, maybe - but he does seem sharp. Jamie looked completely outclassed in that sparring at the end.

Whatever Panos' motivation is for being on this show, it's becoming clear to me that he's actually quite a smart guy - machiavellian & work-shy, maybe - but he does seem sharp. Jamie looked completely outclassed in that sparring at the end.

But you'd have to wonder at the editing, as Panos was made out to be a stereotype last week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

Don't see the smartness. He is in Online Marketing in Google so he would have to know something about this weeks task. Yet he still looked unprofessional.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,172 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Appleby website down all night...Don't think they (Applebys) even grasp the concept of a viral ... If they did, then they're just
    stupid for associating their brand with a viral...it doesnt fit guys! Wonder what the Cadbury and Applebys tasks are going to be on next years show

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Robert McGrath

MIssed the start of tonight's show so can't comment on him being unprofessional in the task. Whatever game he's playing, I do think he's playing it well, though.

Couldn't help laughing at the Appleby woman saying they want to be seen as "accessible".

Forget about the viral, love - drop your prices!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Kersh

When they were showing Taras best bits on "you're fired" , I couldn stop thinkin of this clip from wizard of oz . . :D when it showed her on the bike!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4kiXh8YOzk

MIssed the start of tonight's show so can't comment on him being unprofessional in the task. Whatever game he's playing, I do think he's playing it well, though.

Couldn't help laughing at the Appleby woman saying they want to be seen as "accessible".

Forget about the viral, love - drop your prices!

Ya exactly. A viral wouldnt suit their brand. Unless Ross O'Carroll Kelly was it it or the goys

• Advertisement

Applby IT manager.... You're fired

https://www.appleby.ie/

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

ajcurry123 wrote: »
    Appleby website down all night...Don't think they (Applebys) even grasp the concept of a viral ... If they did, then they're just
    stupid for associating their brand with a viral...it doesnt fit guys! Wonder what the Cadbury and Applebys tasks are going to be on next years show
    There might not be a next year :( Breffney was on a radio show recently and said that due to product placement laws being introduced that this could be the last series.

Applby IT manager.... You're fired

https://www.appleby.ie/

It is a crap websit anyway.

There might not be a next year :( Breffney was on a radio show recently and said that due to product placement laws being introduced that this could be the last series.

http://www.tribune.ie/news/article/2009/sep/20/the-apprentice-forced-to-re-edit-after-bci-investi/

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/ireland/article4882703.ece

They've gotten away with it so far, its been an issue with BCI since day 1... cant see whats gonna change, just one long advert

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

http://www.tribune.ie/news/article/2009/sep/20/the-apprentice-forced-to-re-edit-after-bci-investi/

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/ireland/article4882703.ece

They've gotten away with it so far, its been an issue with BCI since day 1... cant see whats gonna change, just one long advert
    Interesting reads.

Perhaps it's a tightening up of the laws that will happen. Would be great if it does go on.

Interesting reads.

Perhaps it's a tightening up of the laws that will happen. Would be great if it does go on.

Totally agree, entertaining but it's hardly subliminal advertising. Lord Sucre's version is very commercial also but they're a lot more subtle as the Beeb don't rely on Ad revenue.

stevejr wrote: »
    Totally agree, entertaining but it's hardly subliminal advertising. Lord Sucre's version is very commercial also but they're a lot more subtle as the Beeb don't rely on Ad revenue.

I went out and bought a renault after episode 1 :)

"The Renault logo was clearly identifiable on the Dubliner's cufflinks in episode one as he pulled up some of the contestants on their lack of business acumen. Also on display was a Renault jacket pin on the businessman's suit jacket."

http://goliath.ecnext.com/coms2/gi_0199-13571394/TV3-we-may-fire-Bill.html

• Registered Users Posts: 14,454 ✭✭✭✭cson

Do they actually screen any of these retards for any semblence of business acumen before they make the shortlist? I know it's made for TV and you need chemistry/personality/tension or whatever but the absolute paucity of any business/sales/marketing talent among this group is gobsmacking. Christ any interview, group skills and aptitude tests done by any decent employer in this country would show them up a mile off.

Barry Cunt to win by a short head from Niamh thanks to him being Bill's Northsoide brethern.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

I agree - how did Tara get through any screening stages unless the standard of applicant was scarily poor?

Ref placement etc, there is much more advertising that the UK show both in the selection of the tasks and the product placement - did you see how they showed the Conrad logo at one stage and also mentioned the Westbury several times last night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I'd wear the face, then the ass off will!
    The rest can go... 'forward' for all I care!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭sleepyman

NickDrake wrote: »
    Anton does not get them to dish the dirt. He just sits on the fence and make sure he doesn't upset his famous mammy.

Totally agree.They all get an armchair ride with him.
    At least get someone who'll pull them up on a few things.

Oh god the breathing by Tara on Today FM now. Dear god what a waffler. It will give you a headache.

She said that is just the way she does it. Nothing medical. Dear god. Imagine working with her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭PJTierney

Don't see the smartness. He is in Online Marketing in Google so he would have to know something about this weeks task. Yet he still looked unprofessional.
    On, un, eh, paid, leave, I, might, eh, add, :D

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭jonas7

Anton does not get them to dish the dirt. He just sits on the fence and make sure he doesn't upset his famous mammy.
    I thought anton was a great choice to host this when heard he was replacing brendan o'connor but he's been disappointing, doesn't really bring much to the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gulliver

Who?? Lily Savage?

Can't stand the way Tara looked down her nose all the time. I worked for a PM that was almost a carbon copy of her (head-tilt and breathing problems and all) and she would think nothing of dropping our team in it if she forgot or messed up something. Grr!:mad:

Based on last night, I'd like to see Niamh win. She took PM responsibility for the "wrong" shot of the Applebys site. Didn't play the blame game and seemed to be in control. Surprised Michelle or Ciara didn't try to backstab her.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Delighted that tara is out! Say Jamie and Panos are on a very thin line at the moment! Really like Panos, cannot understand why they are out to get him and I'm really starting to dislike Jamie after the most recent task, he has got really sneaky now both at the recent task and in the boardroom he has become a bit of a snake....Say either Jamie or Dave might be on the way out next.
    Hopefully that Will, Barry and Niamh be in the final three, think they deserve it the most 'cause they are very true to themselves and work hard and all done well in the tasks, say they have what it takes to be the next apprentice!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭patmac

rebel10 wrote: »
    Sorry, but as a girl i shouldn't be thinking of these things, but could you imagine having sex with her and the breathing/wheezing:eek:
    Forget looking for a condom, its a brown paper bag you would be looking for in case she hyperventilates!

I wouldn't be putting that over her head for hyperventilating!

dixiefly wrote: »
    I agree - how did Tara get through any screening stages unless the standard of applicant was scarily poor?

Ref placement etc, there is much more advertising that the UK show both in the selection of the tasks and the product placement - did you see how they showed the Conrad logo at one stage and also mentioned the Westbury several times last night?

Again on Product Placement, sneaky logo use definately should be disallowed, esp when it has zero relevance to the task. Also what makes the PP all the more blatant is that it's clear that Appleby had no intention of using either team's viral, thier Rep on the after-show said as much. Think it undermines the credability of the whole process.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

stevejr wrote: »
    Also what makes the PP all the more blatant is that it's clear that Appleby had no intention of using either team's viral, thier Rep on the after-show said as much. Think it undermines the credability of the whole process.

I didn't see the after-show, but I expect that they had no intention of using either teams viral because they were very amateur, not funny, and a bit crap to be honest.

• Advertisement

Gulliver wrote: »
    Who?? Lily Savage?

Can't stand the way Tara looked down her nose all the time. I worked for a PM that was almost a carbon copy of her (head-tilt and breathing problems and all) and she would think nothing of dropping our team in it if she forgot or messed up something. Grr!:mad:

Based on last night, I'd like to see Niamh win. She took PM responsibility for the "wrong" shot of the Applebys site. Didn't play the blame game and seemed to be in control. Surprised Michelle or Ciara didn't try to backstab her.

No his mother is PR Person Terri Prone.

Advertisement