Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wtf EIRCOM

• 08-11-2010 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Ok so ive been putting up with this crap long enough its been about 8 months now to be exact EVERY evening after about 6pm till after 12 my 7mb eircom connection is unusable!

I try to play games like call of duty and i can't get into a game at all because my pings are over 550 most of the time seriously ive called up eircom about 100 times over the past few month and F*** all gets upgraded

Heres a test i just run to show you guys
    1023841577.png

im from monasterevin btw.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,496 ✭✭✭✭guil

i bet ur PSN is all upper and lowercase aswell, am i right?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 TeChNiQuEz

guil wrote: »
    i bet ur PSN is all upper and lowercase aswell, am i right?

Yeah lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,496 ✭✭✭✭guil

ha ha what are your line stats aswell, it will help determine the cause of the low speeds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Have you any filters in your house?

Filters connected/not connected in certain places can really mess around with ping.

how long has it been like that for you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,448 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

mine is crap tonight as well....ping times of over 300ms and only getting 2meg instead of 7meg...
    I'm not going through this crap with eircom again..this shít better be sorted out asap.
    I'm in Limerick btw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    mine is crap tonight as well....ping times of over 300ms and only getting 2meg instead of 7meg...
    I'm not going through this crap with eircom again..this shít better be sorted out asap.
    I'm in Limerick btw

Same problems..

They need to sort it out seriously 150 ms ping is bad but 750+ is just a damn JOKE!

Mainly when i use my internet is in the evening and to have the crap i currently do id be better off on dialup

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

People in places like Monasterevin report this sort of thing affecting the Wh0LE T0wN L1K3 , so ask a few neighbours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    People in places like Monasterevin report this sort of thing affecting the Wh0LE T0wN L1K3 , so ask a few neighbours.

There's another guy on here from the same town complaining of exactly the same thing so it must be contention.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Im probably the other guy the lads mentioned.

Hi TeChNiQuEz we have this issue in Monasterevin close to 10 months now, every evening without fail from 6 or 7pm till late.
    Everyone ive spoken to in the town have the same problem at peak times while things are perfect during the day and offpeak.

As TeChNiQuEz says this is EVERY evening without fail, im a gamer myself as is my son so we notice and keep an eye on the issue religiously.
    Ive also friends in the town who are gamers and they too suffer the same congestion.

This has come to a head with me with eircom admitting congestion and also admitting they they will not address the issue because they are marketing ngb as no congestion therefore they will not assist anyone with congestion in the hope they will fall into the ngb trap.
    But heres the best bit, i cant get ngb and there are no plans for it in the future as of yet.

Its an absolute disgrace and its becoming more and more common.

Magnet are offering up 8MB with contention of 12:1 to me as opposed to eircoms 48:1.
    I really dont know what to do, im not sure the lower contention will help things significantly to go with magnets minimum 12 month contract.
    I had planned to wait for NGB but im not so sure now,ive been mulling over this magnet package for many weeks now.

• Advertisement

10 months is about right after july i left eircom and joined digiweb which is 24:1 i believe and it was no better. After 6pm every evening it was over 350 ping which being a gamer yourself know is unusable for playing.

Just 2 weeks ago i came back to eircom because i tought ngb was coming here end of this year but it turns out it won't be in monasterevin till the middle of next year.

i wanted to go to magnet the time i switched to digiweb but i was told it wasen't available in my area has it just come here recently? because if so ill no doubt give it a go at this point i got nothing to lose

The magnet rep guy is here on boards, Rory is his name.
    He checked my line for magnet availability and said they could offer me the package i explained above.

Let me know what you do and how you get on, ill do likewise.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Monsteravin is not the back of nowhere, there are 10Gbit fibres running through the town to Limerick Cork and Dublin. If they won't upgrade Monasterevin for 10 whole months imagine what it would be like in Ballivor or Ballina which are not on the way to anywhere important :(

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Monsteravin is not the back of nowhere, there are 10Gbit fibres running through the town to Limerick Cork and Dublin. If they won't upgrade Monasterevin for 10 whole months imagine what it would be like in Ballivor or Ballina which are not on the way to anywhere important :(

I know mate, im fully aware and it makes it all the more frustrating.
    Im banging my head against a brick wall over this for 10 months now.
    Ive given up ringing support months ago as ill have a heart attack if im told to check for viruses and the usual BS again.
    Ive made an official complaint in writing which lead to direct contact with an area manager who confirmed after 3-4 discussions on the phone what i said above about them not addressing the issue.
    Ireland offline wouldnt or couldnt help either, Comreg dont seem to able able to do anything either.

What to do now? is anyones guess :(

Its just a disgrace dark evenings are here now and in the evening theres nothing to do can't play ps3 with friends because of this.

sitting at my computer browsing forums gets seriously boring after time and theres no other providers in my area that aren't just eircom resellers and over christmas i can't imagine how bad it will be with everybody home on holidays so like dcully said what to do now is truly anybodys guess.

Having the same problems as well. Dying to play some FIFA online but won't be able to play until at least 12.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

I used to get a ping like that when I had a super long phone lead connected up to the router, unnecessarily. Do you? Otherwise tis caused by some abnormality of the phone setup....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 markfitz72

just moved from eircom to vodafone today.. used to pay 56 euro for 8mb line and now paying 38 euro for it with vodafone, now i know im going through the same line as eircom and using the same box but anything is better than what i have been getting the last week... speedtesting and getting 0.4mb most days... ****ing joke and good riddence to eircom! lets just hope vodafone can up my connection! but even so, its cheaper than what eircom are charging me!!

markfitz72 wrote: »
    just moved from eircom to vodafone today.. used to pay 56 euro for 8mb line and now paying 38 euro for it with vodafone, now i know im going through the same line as eircom and using the same box but anything is better than what i have been getting the last week... speedtesting and getting 0.4mb most days... ****ing joke and good riddence to eircom! lets just hope vodafone can up my connection! but even so, its cheaper than what eircom are charging me!!

Hi markfitz72 where are you located?
    Are you in Monasterevin?

This is an congestion issue, a mate of mine in the town has vodafone and has the exact same issues as us eircom lads, hes on 8 mb package with the 48:1 contention just like eircoms offering.

@ Neon-Circles in this case as i say its congestion at peak times, things are perfect @ offpeak times.

Dcully wrote: »
    Hi markfitz72 where are you located?
    Are you in Monasterevin?

This is an congestion issue, a mate of mine in the town has vodafone and has the exact same issues as us eircom lads, hes on 8 mb package with the 48:1 contention just like eircoms offering.

@ Neon-Circles in this case as i say its congestion at peak times, things are perfect @ offpeak times.

im in the blanch area, but eircom here is a joke.. friend of mine from up the road switched to vodafone from eircom last week and is working perfectly, at least 6/7mb all day.. we havent been switched over yet tho, they said it should take around 10 days.. but anything is better than what i have now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

im in the blanch area, but eircom here is a joke.. friend of mine from up the road switched to vodafone from eircom last week and is working perfectly, at least 6/7mb all day.. we havent been switched over yet tho, they said it should take around 10 days.. but anything is better than what i have now

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1032899422.png

i am in monasterevan as well and is my speed this evening,but sometimes mine goes under 1 and it can happen at anytime of the day.between 6 and 9 is the worst there are some days i cant even go line.:(

harr wrote: »
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/1032899422.png

i am in monasterevan as well and is my speed this evening,but sometimes mine goes under 1 and it can happen at anytime of the day.between 6 and 9 is the worst there are some days i cant even go line.:(

well im getting 0.4 most days for a 8mb line.. think it was time for a change there!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

well im getting 0.4 most days for a 8mb line.. think it was time for a change there!!

i am about 2 mile outside the town,anyone from in the town itself i have spoken to about this agree that the speed in the town is always bad day or night.i might give Vodafone a go even though it will be the same line.any time i ring eircom i get no where with them.anybody use Vodafone?

harr wrote: »
    i am about 2 mile outside the town,anyone from in the town itself i have spoken to about this agree that the speed in the town is always bad day or night.i might give Vodafone a go even though it will be the same line.any time i ring eircom i get no where with them.anybody use Vodafone?

if you ring vodafone.. they sort it all out with eircom themselves.. its just like doing the big switch from esb to bord gais or what not

If any of the Monasterevin folks switch to Vodafone please do let us know if things improve.
    I doubt it very much since its the same 48:1 contention as eircom :(

is their anybody here who could tell me if vodafone is better than eircom? i really need to know but i doubt it because i tryed digiweb a while ago which is 24:1 and was no better.

I just want to be able to play FIFA 11 during peak hours instead of having to wait until 12 to play online. It's a focking joke!

28888077.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

TeChNiQuEz wrote: »
    is their anybody here who could tell me if vodafone is better than eircom? i really need to know but i doubt it because i tryed digiweb a while ago which is 24:1 and was no better.

Can't imagine so. I'd say the Vodafone offering is just a resold Eircom product.

Enquire if Magnet have their own equipment at the exchange - if so, go with them.

• Advertisement

Can't imagine so. I'd say the Vodafone offering is just a resold Eircom product.

Enquire if Magnet have their own equipment at the exchange - if so, go with them.

They dont , i asked the magnet rep here on boards, if so id have opted for magnet long ago :(

Advertisement