Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accomodation in Ucc

Options
  • 08-11-2010 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

I'm living at home atm and am moving out in january.was wondering does anyone know good areas of the city to live in from the point of view of house parties with students and places with a good atmosphere etc..?Also are the offical student accomodation any good?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Snap2010

Brookfield seems like a good spot. It's student accommodation and very close to the main campus. Parchment Square is good but very far out (you'll need to get buses) and Victoria Cross/Mills? expensive and a small walk. Maybe Dean's Hall in the city?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭m2wua0ox56iz93

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 eggineer

Vic Lodge has to be the spot to be, everyone is friends with each other and so worth the money, there's parties there all the time and really a good spot, also it's a very big complex and you'll never have to walk to college by yourself coz you'll always meet someone on the way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭OMG Its EoinD

I hear a few spots opened up in Castlewhite :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

This post has been deleted.
    For parties maybe, but not if you're looking for a decent standard of accomodation. Some of the houses there are truly disgusting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Aoi

Snap2010 wrote: »
    Brookfield seems like a good spot. It's student accommodation and very close to the main campus. Parchment Square is good but very far out (you'll need to get buses) and Victoria Cross/Mills? expensive and a small walk. Maybe Dean's Hall in the city?

Brookfield is a good spot, especially if you're doing med or nursing. afaik there are quite a few places opening up, but i couldn't tell you if the deadline's passed yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sineadmulcahy

kingtubby wrote: »
    I'm living at home atm and am moving out in january.was wondering does anyone know good areas of the city to live in from the point of view of house parties with students and places with a good atmosphere etc..?Also are the offical student accomodation any good?

I have a room for offer in jennings pool in Brookfield for the January semester. I thought i'd need it for the year but i need to move out at xmas time. It's a double ensuite

• Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

I have a room for offer in jennings pool in Brookfield for the January semester. I thought i'd need it for the year but i need to move out at xmas time. It's a double ensuite

I think he found the accommodation Sinead - it was 6 years ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sineadmulcahy

I think he found the accommodation Sinead - it was 6 years ago!

oh. awkward

Advertisement