Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Lineage & Irish Kennel Club

Options
  • 08-11-2010 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,938 ✭✭✭✭

I've just been on the Irish Kennel Club's website and am amazed by how bad it is.

Seems it's just geared towards showing dogs, any information that you need about Kennel names (And breeding as a whole) just has 'There are no items to display'

I went on to see if i could trace the lineage of our dog, i know her cert has her parents names but was hoping to see grandparents/siblings etc

Is there any way of seeing this info?

P.S Don't worry, our pup is only 1 and we have no intention of breeding her for at least 2 years

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

you have to pay them for this information

http://www.ikc.ie/forms/ApplicationForPed.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Nope, not unless you contact them and ask them for a generation pedigree whcih can be 3 gen or 4 gen, but it comes at a price.

You have to pay for almost anything from the IKC so you will need to contact them with your dogs pedigree and ask them to send you a pedigree but they will ask you to downloads a form from the site and send payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭lrushe

Did you try asking her breeder, most breeders have a 5 generation list on the pups they breed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,938 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

lrushe wrote: »
    Did you try asking her breeder, most breeders have a 5 generation list on the pups they breed.

Good thinking Batman

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Were either of the dogs parents shown and champions?
    If so google there names and you may get a result, thats what I did and got a pedigree going back to 1930's. I checked with the breeder and the great grandmothers breeder and it was correct as far back as they could go. But then it is a less common breed and has been very well documented and not widely bred.
    I think the site was k9 something, sorry can't remember.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

andreac wrote: »
    ...You have to pay for almost anything from the IKC...

Beaten to it! Everything has to be paid for, you need to be very spacific as to what you are looking for and they won't give any info over the phone. I think it's €15 to get lineage papers. but it could be more for a 5 generation as opposed to 3 (or I could be pulling that figure out of my ass!). Awful pain in the bum if you are trying to sort this stuff out.

Advertisement