Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying Fibre Wad Cartridges

Options
  • 08-11-2010 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Does anyone know where I can buy fibre wad cartridges for clays (like Eley VIP Sporting, though almost anything would do)? I have tried Courtlough and a few other dealers around Dublin and none seem to stock them.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

I'm sure simon in sportsden would get them in for ya. http://www.sportsden.ie/
    What are your reasons for the fibre wad in preference to the plastic ones? Curious as I'm not a serious shotgunner.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Matsugawa

Shooting on a farm that has livestock. Don't want to choke anything and not likely to pick them up either as they will be all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Half-cocked

Don't buy cheapies, they pattern terrible. I bought a box of cheap ones a few years back and nearly every bird was wounded. I switched to Hull and Express and the birds were nearly all killed outright. GB also make decent fibre wads.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Matsugawa

Yes, but where do you buy them...no one near me seems to sell them. I'm loath to drive to Navan. Any suggestions for sellers of fibre wad cartridges in- or around- Dublin, Kildare or Wicklow.

Navan is a bit too far...unless they are the only game in down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

as far as i know sportsden will post cartridges

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Half-cocked

Pat O'Brien in Bray sometimes has them in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Terrier

Duffy's in Galway stock Eley fibre.. got a case last week..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Rosahane

Give Pat in Hilltop a ring, he may have some or can get them in. He got me some Eley Game sixes and sevens two and a half inch fibre wad for an old english game gun I have :D

Advertisement