Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accountancy Fee for Electrician

Options
  • 09-11-2010 12:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭

I recently got my accounts done for last year by my accountant - my turnover is small less than 30k and I am not registered for VAT. Accountant charged 720 euro - which I thought was expensive - has anybody any opinion or what is the going rate

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

That sounds like a lot.
    An electrician I work with paid 250 ex vat. He did his own 6 monthly vat return. He sent the accountant a spreadsheet with all his sales, expenses, other incomes etc and the accountant did the rest. It was all done by email.
    Did you just hand the account a black bag of paperwork and walk out the door like some people I know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭JOHNPT

No I had everything added up - sales expenses etc. Seems expensive - whats the going rate or do alot electricians do there own accounts?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 509 ✭✭✭bertie1

Paid 1800.00 this year including vat . I do my own vat every 2 months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

Do you not get tax credits for the accountants fee,i know someone on 40k, they pay around 600 euros for the accountants fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭sparcocars

When i was working for myself and had an accountant thats exactly the same i paid for him to do everything for me. the cost of the accountancy fees are deducted from your taxable income also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭eoghan.geraghty

Any good accountant will still go through all your receipts to make sure everything is in order, so you doing them up is a waste of your time.
    600 plus vat ( I assume? ) for end of year accounts is on the expensive side for a sole trader with 30k turnover though.
    I pay 400 plus vat for end of year accounts, turnover twice yours, and they're very professional, couldn't fault them in fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭JOHNPT

Yes was 600 plus VAT. I thought it was expensive as had everything prepared. My turnover was well under 30k.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

my missus does the accounts for a local builder on the side and I would have thought that was excessive considering what she gets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

Are the accounts audited for this mulla or is is just a book-keeping exercise?
    What are the accounts used for? Bank/Revenue/CRO/?
    The Revenue on line system [ROS.ie] coupled with the online option from cro.ie make it all very easy.
    600 plus vat is high for 30k

Advertisement