Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost iPhone 3GS - replacement suggestion?

Options
  • 09-11-2010 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi guys, (un)fortunately my iPhone 3GS has been recently lost. This is bad in a sense that I'll have no phone for a while but good that I can look for new ones.

Basically I'm looking for any kind of phone that's the equivalent or better to an iPhone. I'd kinda prefer Android (for freedom), and I'm well able to buy online if the phone isn't available over here. Any ideas?

I've looked at a good few phones but I'm not sure how the feel or quality of them lives up to an iPhone, it's not the best brand of phone but the OS feels good.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

HTC Desire is an obvious choice.

Has three variants:

- original

-HD : original with bigger screen and better camera.

-z: Original with keyboard.

From what I've herd, iphone users who switched are all glad they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 JakHicks

I'm currently waiting for my desire z to arrive as a replacement for my 3gs.. Can't wait! awesome battery life for a smartphone , easy to overclock and temp root etc... Or you can just buy my 3gs as a replacement on adverts :p

• Registered Users Posts: 40 JakHicks

And the desire z isn't just a desire with a keyboard, it has a new processor in it that is 800mhz, which is technically slower then the original, but it's much more efficient and you can overclock it to 1.4ghz... and it gets the highest benchmarks of any android phone! when you do overclock it...

Advertisement