Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Christmas FM Frequencies 2010

• 09-11-2010 12:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

[FONT=Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]From BAI website today:

Christmas FM

Limerick City and part County
    Cork City and part County
    Galway City
    Parts of coutnies Waterford, Wexford, Kilkenny and Tipperary

Proposed Frequency - Subject to license by ComReg
    Dublin - 89.9
    Limerick-105.5
    Cork-106.7
    Galway-89.5
    Wexford-103.8

Proposed On-air Dates
    28 November - 27 December inclusive[/FONT]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Thanks TRSJ! Looking forward to this :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭bob50

i am not looking forward to this rubbish staion

for one thing it blocks out the bbc radio 2 signal 90.1fm in my car

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭washiskin

bob50 wrote: »
    i am not looking forward to this rubbish staion

for one thing it blocks out the bbc radio 2 signal 90.1fm in my car

well Bah Humbug to you sir! Bah Humbug! :p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 33 jonnynitro

typical

north west of irelands forgotten about again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭bob50

jonnynitro wrote: »
    typical

north west of irelands forgotten about again

Dont worry your not missing anything all they play is christmas songs that every other station plays total waste imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,367 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Ah not again for gods sake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I will give it a week. Couldn't be more repetitive than most of the radio in Ireland ATM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

I will give it a week. Couldn't be more repetitive than most of the radio in Ireland ATM.
    Oh yes it could :mad:

Possibly the worst station on the airwaves last year. BUT it can only be better this time.

Still, it's all for charidy and 42.5% of the population will tune into it this year (according to an independent survey).
    Yesuree, I'll be listening ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Didn't know it was for charity. Fair play to them.

Didn't know it was for charity. Fair play to them.

It always was.

It raised over €70,000 for the Simon Communities in Dublin and Cork last year.

And for those prepared to slate it... it's simple - if you don't like Christmas music, then the "continuous Christmas classics" format (ALL Christmas music, ALL the time) won't be for you - so don't tune in.

I'll not only be tuning in, I'll be on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Big Tone

It was very popular in Cork last year with plenty of shops tuning in.

I enjoyed "Christmas across the lands" on Christmas Eve into Christmas Day.

Good luck to all those involved. Hope the station raises even more money this year as its badly needed now.I'll be sending in those texts again to raise a few bob for Simon, everyone should do the same.

It's a different charity every year, Tone... this year it's the very deserving Barnardos who'll be benefiting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

Bard wrote: »
    It's a different charity every year, Tone... this year it's the very deserving Barnardos who'll be benefiting.

Bummer..I thought it should go to Nova..to buy another "Now thats what i call Rock" cd..........:D

Well I'd be hoping that we smash the €100,000 mark in money raised this year... and what an excellent cause to support...

MPU-300x250.gif

By the way - you'll hear me presenting on Saturday nights :) I may also be on Christmas morning yet... (TBC!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭washiskin

By the way - you'll hear me presenting on Saturday nights :) I may also be on Christmas morning yet... (TBC!)

Yaaay!!! Can I request that you don't play "A Little Lost Pup In A Christmas Shop" ? Upsets me no end every time. :(:(:(

I very much doubt that "Lonely Pup" song will be in my playlist as it's all upbeat songs at the evenings on the weekend :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭Block G Raptor

Cant seem to get ChristmasFm on the radio in Blanchardstown 89.1 is just static
    got it on the live stream

Cant seem to get ChristmasFm on the radio in Blanchardstown 89.1 is just static
    got it on the live stream

Try 89.9 - that's the frequency for Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭Block G Raptor

Try 89.9 - that's the frequency for Dublin.

sorry that was a typo should have said 89.9 is just static

sorry that was a typo should have said 89.9 is just static

oh... strange, that... I'm picking it up fine on 89.9 in Donabate. I presume it's coming from Three Rock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭mar1us

I'v no problem in lucan to recive xmas fm,u just have to find best position for ur radio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

I hadn't heard of it 'till today, went up to the Mammy's for the dinner and she had it on, big sing along with the kids.

Good craic, and a good cause. Fair play to all involved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

Anyone know of a working URL for Christmas FM on an internet radio ?

The radio is a Revo blik and the portal is Frontier Silicon.

The URL saved from last year doesn't work this year. I have written to Christmas FM and have not received a reply. I have tried the PC streams and they don't work in the radio.

Thanks

UPDATE: Also posted Christmas FM sticky - posted here before I noticed the sticky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Nothing here in the Midlands. Strange they are not transmitting from Mount Leinster which would give excellent coverage in the Midlands and the South East.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ChristmasFM

Hi Tarfhead,

what email address did you send your enquiry to so we can trace back why you did not get a reply. We usually reply to people within 24 hours.

As regards the frontier portal they have indicated that it should appear this week on that radio portal (for location>Ireland) that powers your radio. Wi-fi radios don't generally work well with aac+ streams that you may have linked from our website. You can try the wma stream url which we use for the pop up player:

mms://christmas128.webworld.ie/christmas128

See if that works and let us know.

Thanks

Christmas FM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ChristmasFM

Hi Haddockman,

it's basically a cost thing. As the station is volunteer based and is run to raise funds for our charity partner each year (and is dependent on sponsorship money to cover costs), we can't cover all areas of the country with the budgets we have to work with.

Maybe next year! :)

Christmas FM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

Haddockman wrote: »
    Nothing here in the Midlands. Strange they are not transmitting from Mount Leinster which would give excellent coverage in the Midlands and the South East.

The site they are using gives similar if not better coverage in many parts of the South East (such as Wexford & Waterford) than Mt Leinster does. Sadly the coverage is interference limited in many areas such as North Kildare (although it's only around Kilcullen that Spin 103.8 starts to overcome Christmas when driving north on the M9), and North Tipperary where Tipp FM is on 103.9MHz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Agreed, Tipp FM is overpowering here on 103.9.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

You can try the wma stream url which we use for the pop up player:

mms://christmas128.webworld.ie/christmas128

See if that works and let us know.

Thanks - that's the URL I used, without success. I used the website to send in the previous query. From the Overseas Request link, IIRC.

I'll keep checking the portal to see if they add it. I checked this morning and could not locate it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭mar1us

i just checked URL work perfect in winamp !

Advertisement