If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent Surround Sound

Options
  • 09-11-2010 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Im looking for a decent surround sound system. My present Philips is gone on the blink after several years of use.

I have a separate blu ray player but dont mind getting a blu ray surround system if needed.

Must be black and if possible, able to play multi region DVDs.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Bump on this, wouldn't mind some similar info...........?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Guys

I have the new HTS5560 5.1 3D ready Blu Ray surround system just arrive into us.

This sells for €599.99
    Have a look here for spec
    http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/h/hts5560_12/hts5560_12_pss_eng.pdf

Its a very cool all in one system and will play BR, DVD, CD has FM Radio plus 2x Ananlogue Inputs and 1x CoAx Digital in

Naturally it will handle DTS MA and Dolby TrueHD from BR Discs.

It sounds REALLY great as well - thanks to a powerful amp and decent speakers.
    **PLEASE NOTE the specs say WIRELESS REARS - they arent, at least not yet as the optional receiver/amp device is not yet available**

Its also 3D ready as well should you have a shiney 3D Ready TV:)
    I have this in store and on display should you wish to check it out.

Dave in Richer Belfast will be able to suggest more 5.1 BR Systems or full on Surround amps if you want to go that route.

Cheers
    Ash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

I should note that this isnt Multi Region for DVD - yet, Like most other Philips HTS Systems I'd expect to see a hack for this somewhere on line soon

atb
    Ash

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.