Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good place for graduation lunch?

Options
  • 09-11-2010 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭

So, graduating at the end of the month (Thursday 25th) and trying to find somewhere to eat. The dilemma is that I'm in the morning session, in at 11, out whenever. Figure the whole thing will be over with by 2, want to get food then but struggling to find a good place open on a Thursday afternoon.

Any tips on where to eat? Was hoping for The Artisan, but they seem to have changed up their opening times and don't do lunch time Thursday now. Wanna get it over with and be drunk before the evening sittings start, or at least far enough along that I don't want the parents tagging around.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Al Muretto

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Fuctifino

biko wrote: »
    Al Muretto
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056081686#1
    As the charter says: Above all, exercise common sense. Be helpful and people will reciprocate.
    Hopefully just by bringing attention to it will make people stop and think before posting.

Not my words Carol, the words of TOP GEAR MAGAZINE (Biko).

I love the smell of Hypocrisy in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭rivalius13

Fuctifino wrote: »

ynz7u.gif

I don't get it?
    Suggesting Al Muretto is hypocrisy now?

http://www.almuretto.ie/
    We are open Monday to Sunday from 12 noon til late.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

:confused:

Al Muretto's supposed to be nice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Fuctifino

How busy would you be for graduation?

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭dapto1

Malt House.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Fuctifino wrote: »

Hi Fuctifino,

If you believe a post is in contravention of the charter please report it using the 'report post' tool to the left of the post in question.

You are engaging in 'back seat moderation', which is not cool, Alan Partridge quotes notwithstanding...

/moderation

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Is Al Muretto not called something else now? Either way, I've had some lovely meals in there.
    Vina Mara is a good place for lunch, and quite reasonable too...

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭central park

Al Muretto has changed to a different name and isn't a patch on the old place. Food was served very slowly and was cold. In fact, there was a guy asleep at a table opposite us for at least half an hour the night we were there!!I wouldnt go back there, Malt house or vina Mara are lovely!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Destiny

The Malt House is always good for lunch, a bit fancier than the average place that's on offer in Galway.

Park House Hotel is popular for grads, they can customise your menu etc. Eg. ''Congrats on your Graduation''. Menu is a bit boring, but it's ok if you don't go there very often. Your coats will be taken, shown to your seat, if you want that kind of service.

Vina Mara can be hit or miss, I know of people who have gone in there for lunch, and have not been impressed. Maybe it's improved.

I went to KC Blakes on Quay Street, which was savage. They only open at 5pm though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I don't get it?
    Suggesting Al Muretto is hypocrisy now?

http://www.almuretto.ie/
    We are open Monday to Sunday from 12 noon til late.

You working there biko,yeah? Good food in there.

Heh, no I don't.

The line "We are open Monday to Sunday from 12 noon til late." is from their site to show OP that he can get lunch there :D

No offence to Italian Restaurateurs everywhere but IT it's where it's at baby.
    Really good ice cream though. Shame about the parking, I was clamped last time because it's hard to get spots outside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Zzippy wrote: »
    Vina Mara is a good place for lunch, and quite reasonable too...

+1 for Vina Mara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

Biko
    you were clamped because it's hard to get spots outside?!
    I assume you didn't get one of these spots, parked illegally and then got clamped!

I know what you mean though, parked down forster street when I went there few months back. Tis a nice restaurant but nowhere can beat da robertos antipasto misto followed by fusilli al pesto calabrese...drool...

Loads of places will have special graduation menus

the house hotel is doing a 3course grad menu for €21.95

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭rivalius13

Did Vina Mara for undergrad, it was ok, nothing spectacular.

magentas wrote: »
    Biko
    you were clamped because it's hard to get spots outside?!
    I assume you didn't get one of these spots, parked illegally and then got clamped!
    Aye, there was no free customer spots outside so I had to park in Forster Court, took a chance and got caught.
    Sometimes it takes a kick in the wallet to learn the error of ones ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

Aye, there was no free customer spots outside so I had to park in Forster Court, took a chance and got caught.
    Sometimes it takes a kick in the wallet to learn the error of ones ways.
    hah I know the feeling, got clamped on long walk one sunday night at 8/9pm,
    I didn't realise it's 24hr paid parking
    Just came from thai garden after getting the earlybird menu (cheapskate that I am!) and ended up paying €80 to get released:mad:

Advertisement