Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corsair H50 or V8 cooler master ?

Options
  • 09-11-2010 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭

Corsair H50 or V8 cooler master ? ( haf x case, i7 950) !
    which is best..... :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

id go for an nh-d14 despite the size. if youre looking at the h50 then check out the newer, imrpoved h70.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

indough wrote: »
    id go for an nh-d14 despite the size. if youre looking at the h50 then check out the newer, imrpoved h70.

+1, the V8 is sh!te (personal opinion) and the H50 is only good if you're tight on space, the D14 seems awesome despite it's size.

EDIT: If you want to do watercooling, do a proper custom loop, that's what I'll be doing for my next major build.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

If you're on a budget then Mugen 2. If not, Noctua NH-D14. The H50 is too finicky and hit-and-miss and the V8 is overhyped and overpriced.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

Solitaire wrote: »
    If you're on a budget then Mugen 2. If not, Noctua NH-D14. The H50 is too finicky and hit-and-miss and the V8 is overhyped and overpriced.

Cant agree more ,having owed two h-50's (2nd was not by choice) i wouldnt rate them at all.
    The NH-D14 is king of air atm if you can fit it into case and budget.

I hope the D14 will fit on the AM3+ socket, I plan to eventually upgrade to BD and having a beast of a cooler would be nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

I hope the D14 will fit on the AM3+ socket, I plan to eventually upgrade to BD and having a beast of a cooler would be nice.

I would be very surprised if the didn't bring out a bracket for it even though in the past they where slow to add for newer sockets.

game4it70 wrote: »
    I would be very surprised if the didn't bring out a bracket for it even though in the past they where slow to add for newer sockets.

They wouldn't need to re-release one with another bracket if the CPU cooler holethingies (the hole you put a screw through to connect the cooler to the backplate) are the same size/distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭stephenmarr

I was in the same boat as game4it70.
    i had two H-50 coolers both of the pumps begain to fail and both were RMA

i now have a Noctua NH-D14 and its far superior and cools a good 8-10 degrees cooler.

its a very quiet cooler as well but it is very big.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Ah the joys of WCing with a loop of discrete components including a reliable and replaceable Swiftech pump... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Moreilly

my god, i just google'd the Noctua nh-d14, that thing is feckin' massive !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

My advice is to go for the Venomous X (Thermalright). From personal experience twin tower coolers (IFX14, Silver Arrow,D14) are great coolers, but they making working on your PC a real chore, and doing anything around the CPU socket is next to impossible. I'd rather have 1-2 degrees warmer temps and ease of use (Which is what the VenX would do)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 nvus

Thermalright Silver Arrow seems to be beating the Noctua NH-D14 at the moment it not better but on par with it but it is cheaper. I have the NH-D14 and its pretty big but pretty easy to install and set up.

no matter what you choose a good tip is to visit the products page and get its dimensions and use some old card board and cut the same dimensions out as a kind of a template so you can kindda get a view of if it will fit and such.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

nvus wrote: »
    Thermalright Silver Arrow seems to be beating the Noctua NH-D14 at the moment it not better but on par with it but it is cheaper. I have the NH-D14 and its pretty big but pretty easy to install and set up.

no matter what you choose a good tip is to visit the products page and get its dimensions and use some old card board and cut the same dimensions out as a kind of a template so you can kindda get a view of if it will fit and such.

The difference between the top coolers is so minor its not to big a deal for 99% of users tho and the best in class tend not to last in the top spot very long these days anyways :)

The big thing tho is always to make sure it will fit in the case tho :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

would a NH-D14 fit in a haf 922?

Skerries wrote: »
    would a NH-D14 fit in a haf 922?

Most likely, it fits in the HAF 932 (IIRC) so it would fit in the shorter but wider HAF 922.

Advertisement