Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

no signal

• 09-11-2010 10:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭

does anyone know what i can do to fix the channels that have no signal theres this one channel i like it's a radio channel most days it works grand but the odd time like when i turn over to see what eise is on i loose signal but only have to wait a few minutes for the signal to come back
    It always seems to happen when it's a bad day but like other channel seem to be able to cope to day its 'been on for over a hour and the signal hasn't come through yet done all the switch off switch on time and time again i know that if i ring sky they'll say sorry can't help bla bla blaaaa can anyone out there help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,936 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Only the one full stop? Impressive.

It sounds like your dish is out of alignment slightly. Have you checked what the signal strength / quality are like when you lose the radio station?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭lee70

JDxtra wrote: »
    Only the one full stop? Impressive.

It sounds like your dish is out of alignment slightly. Have you checked what the signal strength / quality are like when you lose the radio station?
    cheers for that heres some full stops for you................................
    i'll give the dish a weak and see what happens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Mr McBoatface

I doubt it will get better by itself.

You could do some trouble shooting to see if it's a problem with you box or the dish/cables.

If you can use a neighbours or friends box on your feeds to see if their box has the same problems. If your neighbours box works fine then try your box on their feeds and see if the same problem happens.

This will confirm if it's a box issue of a dish/cable issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭lee70

jobyrne30 wrote: »
    I doubt it will get better by itself.

You could do some trouble shooting to see if it's a problem with you box or the dish/cables.

If you can use a neighbours or friends box on your feeds to see if their box has the same problems. If your neighbours box works fine then try your box on their feeds and see if the same problem happens.

This will confirm if it's a box issue of a dish/cable issue.
    I have an old sony sky box set up in in the back room and in one of the bedrooms a pace box FTA UK channels only (set up myself) and sky+ in the main room. Now it was working a wile ago but now it's stopped, but the one in the back room still has the radio channel working i have a very good signal strength and quality i'd say it's the box what do you think.I bet now when i ring them they'll be looking for money to fix.

Advertisement