Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prowlers - New wave discovered by surfers

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭revileandy

Here's a youtube link to the RTE footage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QafaTZOEQjg&

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

the rte report was absolutely hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭dermo909

That video is unbelievable. Especially when you consider how large the wave is and how good a surfer you have to be to not get killed. huge respect for those guys.
    It reminds me of a program I saw on sky ages ago. It was called surfing tsunami's or something like that.

I dont think any beginners would tackle a wave like that anyway, the logistics of actually getting to it would put a beginner off(like me).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

PeakOutput wrote: »
    the rte report was absolutely hilarious

Showing the a few begineers in Lahinch on the beach as oppossed to a better spot where better surfers are. It was pretty class elsewhere.

Then showing from blown out whitewater off the Cliffs.

Probably down from Dublin for the day to film it and not a clue. Hilarious.

NickDrake wrote: »
    Showing the a few begineers in Lahinch on the beach as oppossed to a better spot where better surfers are. It was pretty class elsewhere.

Then showing from blown out whitewater off the Cliffs.

Probably down from Dublin for the day to film it and not a clue. Hilarious.

i thought the anchors report was worse

'massive waves known as prowlers have been showing up around the country, the tubing waves.....' or some **** like that i almost fell of the chair. she would get it though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭lamai

NickDrake wrote: »
    Since you are not a surfer. And the other just started, I will explain my comment so.

It is about respecting the wave and not publishing where it is on the internet. If you are not going to surf it, then why are you asking where it is.??

People like ye might end up going out on a boat to see it in action someday. Not understanding movements of water etc and end up gettin dragged into it.

Believe me it has happened in the other big wave spots in Ireland and elsewhere. People have gotten injured. I know one who is just out of hospital for driving his jetski over a big Irish wave. Messed it all up. He had heard about the wave on the internet. He was not Irish.

It is about respect so stop asking for the exact location on the internet. Go and find out yourself through word of mouth etc .

I was being sarcastic:rolleyes:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,240 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The amount of product placement fitzgerald fit into his little segment was impressive :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

lamai wrote: »
    I was being sarcastic:rolleyes:

Oh I know you were but you were referring to my statement as some type of joke so I said I would explain it. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

Mickeroo wrote: »
    The amount of product placement fitzgerald fit into his little segment was impressive :D

I think he had room for more, maybe a Billabong cap on his head and a casual swig from a can of Red Bull would have sealed it for me! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Poster King

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭AnonymousPrime

i thought the anchors report was worse

'massive waves known as prowlers have been showing up around the country, the tubing waves.....' or some **** like that i almost fell of the chair. she would get it though

"Perfect surfing conditions with clear seas and a good strong wind".
    Shouldn't news reports be at least partially based on fact?

By the way, I don't think I said....fair play to the lads surfing it.
    Very impressive. Can't wait to see the promised paddle session to come according to a magic seaweed article.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Awesome pics. Well done to the crew that made it out there and back.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Cianh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Jomob

I don't think they are keeping it secret to ward off you.

Oh right, because for a minute there i thought they were doing it just for me. Thanks for clearing that one up, cheers.
    Why do you think it is somewhere near mullaghmore?
    It is.
    Thats the why.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭AnonymousPrime

Jomob wrote: »
    Oh right, because for a minute there i thought they were doing it just for me. Thanks for clearing that one up, cheers.

So I beg of you, try to imagine who they ARE trying to keep away and stop asking silly questions.
    Jomob wrote: »
    It is.
    Thats the why.

Good answer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

It was surfed before

http://liquid-storm.blogspot.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Liam_D

I as told today that it is outside Cliffoney, amazing that we have this so close to home, mother nature at her finest!

rodento wrote: »

has it been surfed at that size before or anywhere close to it? cause all the stories iv seen have said it was surfed before just not in anything like those conditions

• Registered Users Posts: 23,501 ✭✭✭✭ted1

there were Some monster waves about a mile out from rossnowlagh on friday. I'd reck
    on there's plenty more waves like this one out there!

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭CRenegade

has it been surfed at that size before or anywhere close to it? cause all the stories iv seen have said it was surfed before just not in anything like those conditions

I dont think its been surfed anywhere near the size of last monday. Only been surfed twice before I hear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Liam_D

ted1 wrote: »
    there were Some monster waves about a mile out from rossnowlagh on friday. I'd reck
    on there's plenty more waves like this one out there!

That wave isn't far off creevy, jacks up out of nowhere! Scary when you're out beside it but it doesent break unless its really big.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭locomo

rodento wrote: »

+1. This wave ( now nicknamed Prowlers ) in Sligo was surfed before all right. It was surfed as recent as last year.

locomo wrote: »
    +1. This wave ( now nicknamed Prowlers ) in Sligo was surfed before all right. It was surfed as recent as last year.

i dont see why people keep saying it was surfed before as if the news is lieing or something. the very guys who surfed it recently said they had surfed it before just not when its been big

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

i dont see why people keep saying it was surfed before as if the news is lieing or something. the very guys who surfed it recently said they had surfed it before just not when its been big

Many people are still under the impression it was surfed the first time last week. Kinda implied by the thread title too; 'New wave discovered...'.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 partybarnacles

foldup wrote: »
    any chance you can give us the password to that vid?

sorry man he password protected it not long after i posted this. its available on
    magicseaweed now tho.

something else innit?

Advertisement