Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

netopia 2247 wireless bridge

• 09-11-2010 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Has any body actually managed to this?? I've tried all that I thought would work, including the bridge mode in the router, static routes.... The most I got was for the routers to be able to ping to both routers wirelessly but the dsl router disconnected from the internet. I rang eircom and the most he was able to say was that I need to do it with mac address and that he didn't know how to do it.

Has anyone any advice or been able to do this???

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I suspect you can't do this. The 2247 is a DSL modem router, and you'd need a router alone (without modem).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

I believe you cannot do this with the Netopia. What you need is a Wireless repeater.

I know some of the Dlink Wireless Access Points used to have that facility but not sure which models.

Shane

Advertisement