Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning to OZ - Only used 7 months of WHV

Options
  • 09-11-2010 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi just on here to get some advise.

I had to return to Ireland in August after only 7 months of my WHV. At the time I had to return for family reasons but now I would like to return again. Does anyone know if, when you leave Australia during the 12 month period does this pause your visa so to speak?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭rebel333

No, it just valid for the 12 months once it's activated..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

did you do your 88 days for rural work to get 2nd WHV?

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

rebel333 wrote: »
    No, it just valid for the 12 months once it's activated..
    Yup, it's the 12 months from the day you arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ButtersStotch

No, I didn't do the rural work. Will just have to apply for a 2nd year WHV without it. Know a few friends who managed to get it without the rural work. Thanks for your replies. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

That sounds uber dodgey, are you in Ireland at the moment?

• Advertisement

No, I didn't do the rural work. Will just have to apply for a 2nd year WHV without it. Know a few friends who managed to get it without the rural work. Thanks for your replies. :)

Fair enough, We will be watching out for you on Border Security.

Yes in Ireland at the moment.
    The friends that got it were in Australia when they applied for the 2nd year visa but had not done any farm work and did not lie on their application either. Apparently if you apply on a Friday afternoon/evening you have a better chance. Seems stupid but worked for two of my friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

Yes in Ireland at the moment.
    The friends that got it were in Australia when they applied for the 2nd year visa but had not done any farm work and did not lie on their application either. Apparently if you apply on a Friday afternoon/evening you have a better chance. Seems stupid but worked for two of my friends.

I think they are taking the **** out of ya.

I'll check with them again tonight but thats what they told me. One worked in an office so definitely did not do rural work. I was under the illusion that you did not always have to have rural work done to get the 2nd year visa. Just that you would be less likely to get it.

I was under the illusion that you did not always have to have rural work done to get the 2nd year visa. Just that you would be less likely to get it.

Imagine yourself in this guys shoes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

MOD We will not be discussing this any further.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement