Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Was your bike stolen yesterday?

• 09-11-2010 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭

Outside arnotts 3 young fellas stole a Giant road bike, I got a few photos of them. Two more scroungers came along and stole the helmet but I didn't shoot them. I spoke to the security guard and he said that they were trying to contact the cops but store st was just ringing out. They have video footage so he told me not to worry about it - anyway if its yours let me know I'll post the pictures up this evening

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

poochiem wrote: »
    I'll post the pictures up this evening

Cannot wait :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭poochiem

kona wrote: »
    Cannot wait :D.

ah theyre probably not great as I had set the camera setup for architecture shots; I hadnt a chance to process them last night but we'll see if the faces are better than blurs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

ah theyre probably not great as I had set the camera setup for architecture shots; I hadnt a chance to process them last night but we'll see if the faces are better than blurs.

Well, they are knacker, you can ID them by their runners

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭droidus

Arnotts liffey st entrance bike stand:

Here's the photos, poor quality unfortunately as I said I was shooting on a low shutter speed when it happened but if you knew them you'd recognise them.

The guy in the blue/grey trackie caught the bike by the drops (leaning from behind the rear wheel) and pulled it up violently towards him to break the lidl-type fat cable lock. It took a couple of goes before it snapped then he passed the bike to the chap you see cycling and shouted at him to take it.

I was going to give chase but as everyone says why get a screwdriver in the head for nothing, I mean the guards didn't even answer the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Bunnyhopper

You'd certainly recognize them if you knew them. I hope it helps someone get their bike back.

(Looks like it's a Giant rather than a Trek.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭furiousox

Arnotts liffey st entrance bike stand:

Here's the photos, poor quality unfortunately as I said I was shooting on a low shutter speed when it happened but if you knew them you'd recognise them.

The guy in the blue/grey trackie caught the bike by the drops (leaning from behind the rear wheel) and pulled it up violently towards him to break the lidl-type fat cable lock. It took a couple of goes before it snapped then he passed the bike to the chap you see cycling and shouted at him to take it.

I was going to give chase but as everyone says why get a screwdriver in the head for nothing, I mean the guards didn't even answer the phone.

Look at the state of them...what a useless tracksuited waste of some potentially useful vital organs. :mad:

CPL 593H

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Would it be against boards.ie regulations to put up the pictures in the after hours thread and ask if anybody there recognised the thiefs? Could ask anyone who does, to PM you.

Would it be against boards.ie regulations to put up the pictures in the after hours thread and ask if anybody there recognised the thiefs? Could ask anyone who does, to PM you.

nothing I could do anyways - I don't know the owner of the bike so no point me knowing who the thieves are. Arnotts security man said they'd be on cctv but who knows if anyone will even look at it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

nothing I could do anyways - I don't know the owner of the bike so no point me knowing who the thieves are. Arnotts security man said they'd be on cctv but who knows if anyone will even look at it?

If someone recognised who they were, they could be prosecuted no?

• Advertisement

If someone recognised who they were, they could be prosecuted no?

Sorry you took me up wrongly, what I mean is there's no point in people PM'ing me, they can goto the guards with it instead; like if they saw a photo on crimeline they would contact the guards not the photographer. You can post them wherever you like

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭fishfoodie

I think I see a business opportunity !

A seat post with an embedded device that shoots out a rusty spike concealed in the post out if a remote control button is pressed. :D

Maybe a mobile phone number you call to activate, & then you just listen for the screams, & ambulance sirens to find your bike, simples !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭sleepyholland

This fella is either about to pull a gun, or he suffers from the old hand down the trousers disease.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/paul_reynolds/5161465815/in/set-72157625224685871/

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭keano007

Have you sent these pictured to the guards?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Scumbag, hope he faceplants off the bike. :mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cojomo2

keano007 wrote: »
    Have you sent these pictured to the guards?
    +1

op please submit these pics to the guards, more than likely, they will know these little scumbags from previous incidents. Hopefully this will result of the bike being returned to its owner ..it would be wishful thinking to hope the scobes will get in much trouble..

Still, if they are caught no doubt they will claim it's theres/they found it etc...it would be absolutely priceless to see their ugly faces when presented with these photos!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

These photos make me angry.

The photos belong to the police, I would definately bring them to the station the closest to Arnotts. Just in case the person whose bike was stolen ( because only 99.9% of cyclists read boards) did go there and these guys are known.

I emailed the link to the Crime Prevention office with the details. Might be some use, although the Arnotts cctv should have them as I was told. If those lads were students sitting on the ground there would have been 150 guards beating their heads with steel batons and horses and dogs backing them up...but then that's real crime eh?

Advertisement