Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor - Goodiebag promo

Options
  • 09-11-2010 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭

Meteor have a promo running from 31st July - 31st October, and is offering prizes. The level of prizes is determined by how much you top-up in that period.

I switched to BillPay from Pay as you Go on the 31st of October. I had topped up a lot between August 1st and October 31st, and was eligible for a few prizes. I logged on to meteorgoodiebag.ie and I cannot claim my gift? I'm not in breach of any Terms & Conditions by moving to BillPay and I should still be eligible for a gift.

I switched over to BillPay on the 31st of October, it would be very unfair as I'm still a Meteor customer and satisfied all the criteria within the Terms & Conditions. The Terms & Conditions only says that the participant must remain a Meteor customer, I am still a Meteor customer. If I had known that I would have lost my status to claim a prize then I would not have switched over on the 31st of October.

I have emailed Meteor and here is the email thread so far:
    from Stephen
    to info@meteor.ie
    date Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 11:01 AM
    subject Goodie Bag Gift gone??

Hi,

I switched to BillPay from Pay as you Go on the 31st of October. I had topped up a lot between August 1st and October 31st, and was eligible for a few prizes. I logged on to meteorgoodiebag.ie and I cannot claim my gift?
    I'm not in breach of any Terms & Conditions by moving to BillPay and I should still be eligible for a gift. Could you look into this please.

Kind Regards,
    Stephen

from info@meteor.ie
    to Stephen
    date Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 9:54 AM
    subject Re: Goodie Bag Gift gone??

Dear Stephen,

Thank you for contacting meteor.

I can confirm that meteor goodiebag promotion is only available to chosen pay as you go customer's who remain so for the duration of the promotion.

You will unfortunately not be able to avail of the promotion again if you are no longer a pay as you go customer.

If you have any further queries please call customer care or email info@meteor.ie and we will be delighted to assist you.

Regards,

Customer Care Administration Team
    Meteor Mobile Communications
    Email: info@meteor.ie
    Fax: 01 4307013

from Stephen
    to info@meteor.ie
    date Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 10:18 AM
    subject Re: Goodie Bag Gift gone??

Can you re-iterate from the Terms & Conditions that the customer must remain on Pay as You Go for the duration of the promotion? I switched over to BillPay on the 31st of October, it would be very unfair as I'm still a Meteor customer and satisfied all the criteria within the Terms & Conditions. The Terms & Conditions only says that the participant must remain a Meteor customer, I am still a Meteor customer. If I had known that I would have lost my status to claim a prize then I would not have switched over on the 31st of October.

Regards,
    Stephen

Am I fighting a lost cause?? I purposely topped up unnecessarily to be eligible for a prize in a higher category.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Did you ask Meteor if switching to Bill Pay would effect your ability to claim the prizes before you switched? From what they say in the email, it seems that you must have remained a Prepay customer for the entire period of the promotion. By switching on the last day, you broke that requirement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

jor el wrote: »
    Did you ask Meteor if switching to Bill Pay would effect your ability to claim the prizes before you switched? From what they say in the email, it seems that you must have remained a Prepay customer for the entire period of the promotion. By switching on the last day, you broke that requirement.

I didn't ask, bit of an oversight on my part. From the T&C it just says you must be a Meteor customer, I'm still a Meteor customer? It's a bit of a loophole that isn't really covered, I honestly think it's bad company practice if I become ineligible for a gift by switching to BillPay and remaining a Meteor customer on the COB on the last day of the promotion (which was a Sunday).

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

They should prove from the T&Cs that you were required to remain a Pre-Pay customer for the duration of the promotion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭oohlala

How do you check for this? i'm payg but never got the code text.

seems like they have never specified that you need to remain payg, only meteor

oohlala wrote: »
    How do you check for this? i'm payg but never got the code text.

seems like they have never specified that you need to remain payg, only meteor

They sent out a message mid july - and you had to send back a message to opt-in.

You then get a personalised code where you can track your gift!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭oohlala

I checked and never got a message :(

so annoying spent loads on credit in sept

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

They did say it was open to "selected customers", so it's likely you were pre-excluded.

Another email today:
    from info@meteor.ie
    date Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 3:28 PM
    subject Re: Re: Goodie Bag Gift gone??

Dear Stephen,

Thank you for contacting Meteor.

Please be advised that I have escalated your query onto one of my colleagues in our Marketing Department to investigate and once I receive an answer I will revert back to you.

Thank you for your patience in this matter and I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

If you have any further queries please call customer care or email info@meteor.ie and we will be delighted to assist you.

Regards,
    Customer Care Administration Team

Meteor Mobile Communications
    Email: info@meteor.ie
    Fax: 01 4307013

Looks a bit more promising but not expecting any miracles.

Got a call from Meteor today, apologised for the whole thing and offered me the gift!

Fair play to them, they won me over again! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Ruby_Woo

Fair play Steire! That's a great result!

What gift did you opt for in the end?

I took part in the goodie bag promo also and opted for the ipod shuffle - I'm thinking of switching over to Vodafone one of the days however - if I leave Meteor should I still get my gift?

• Advertisement
Advertisement