Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

wireless router problem

• 09-11-2010 11:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭

i got a belkin router for my upc broadband,set up a wireless network on my laptop and it was working fine up until yesterday.i wanted to see if downloads were any quicker if the laptop was connected using the LAN cable instead of wirelessly.when i disconnected the LAN cable the wi fi was painfully slow and by last night just stopped working completely on the laptop.it's an acer laptop with windows 7.the router is still working fine cos i can still connect wirelessly on my phone and ps3 no problem.
    this morning i removed the wireless network from the laptop and tried to set up a new wireless network but i am not getting an option to do this.does anyone know what i can do to get wi fi back up and running on my laptop again?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

What make/model is the laptop. Are you using the on-board wireless? Could be a fault with that if other devices are connecting ok.

Also just in case (as it may be a problem) I'd update and run a virus scan to make sure there's nothing dodge on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

ooter wrote: »
    this morning i removed the wireless network from the laptop and tried to set up a new wireless network but i am not getting an option to do this.does anyone know what i can do to get wi fi back up and running on my laptop again?

What OS are you using?. Do you know how to get into device manager if its on windows?.

Check that you didn't uninstall the wireless network card when you uninstalled the wireless network. Try a "Scan for Hardware Changes" and see what happens :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

when i disconnected the LAN cable the wi fi was painfully slow and by last night just stopped working completely on the laptop

Sorry, but confused here.

When you removed the LAN cable from your router the wireless was slow?!

Or do you mean when you returned the LAN cable to the router the Wireless was slow?

There're a few different issues that could be effecting you.
    Removing the network profile and reinstalling it on the laptop wouldn't give you a new network, it's the same network you're logging back onto.

Have you checked and seen what other devices are in the area and what channels they're broadcasting on?

Also, are you using indows to connect or a Belkin wireless utility?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭ooter

chin_grin wrote: »
    What make/model is the laptop. Are you using the on-board wireless? Could be a fault with that if other devices are connecting ok.

Also just in case (as it may be a problem) I'd update and run a virus scan to make sure there's nothing dodge on it.

it's an acer aspire,not sure of the exact model and yes,i am using the on board wireless.
    i had the same problem not too long ago and did a full scan and it made no difference so what i did was remove the existing network.i was then able to set up a new network,it gave me a new password that i could put in to my other wireless devices.
    when the laptop started to play up again yesterday i decided to do the same thing today but when i removed the network i got no option to set up another new network.
    hopefully i'm explaining myself well,i wouldn't be the most clued up person when it comes to computers..

Advertisement