Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MTV 'European' Music Awards 2010

Options
  • 09-11-2010 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,794 ✭✭✭

So let's get this straight, hosted by Desperate Housewives star Eva Longoria and 'digitally hosted' by Justin Bieber the Madrid awards on Sunday have now had 1 European host in the last nine years (Sacha Baron Cohen in character as Borat). 'European' acts performing on the night included:

Kanye West
    30 Seconds to Mars
    Kings of Leon
    B.O.B & Hayley Williams
    Miley Cyrus
    Katy Perry
    Rihanna
    Shakira
    Linkin Park
    Kesha
    Kid Rock
    Bon Jovi

Top winners on the night? Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber, obviously. What an absolute joke! It shouldn't annoy me that much, since the whole channel went to the dogs years ago but still, why not just call it the 'American/Canadian Music Awards - set in Europe'?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Great post, I fully agree with the OP!

And who can forget what happened the time they tried to give the best video award to a European band (Justice IIRC)... that fcuking egotistical self-proclaimed prima donna stormed the stage and demanded that he should have won it, since, among other things, his video had Pamela Anderson in it, and he flew a rocket. Fcuking d!ckhead. I just wish they had have clubbed him to death with the statue there and then.

Advertisement