Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Movie timetable

Options
  • 09-11-2010 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Hi guys was thinking it could be cool if we could post up times dates and tv channels Christmas movies are on. Might be best not to have the ones from the sky movie channels posted up as alot of people and me dont have the sky movie subscription. But you can include other sky channels.

Example Home Alone 12/12/10 9pm bbc2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

When I was young and we would get that huge Christmas RTE guide and I would get 2 highlighters and in one colour highlight the films I wanted to watch and in the other colour highlight the films I would have to tape because they were on at the same time!

Can't wait for Christmas films to start on tv even though I think I have them ALL on DVD!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

good idea = and anyone know when the rte guide comes out - the kids have ours torn apart before we even get a chance to read it usually,but its a tradition.

lets hope the christmas favourites are included in the films, they seem to get more diluted each year

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

As long as 'its a wonderfull life' is on at a senseble time of day (not xmas day its self, hardly any TV watched then) and not on at something like 1 am or 5am on some random day over the holidays like it has been the last few years or not at all, i'll be happy.

:)

might just buy the dvd this year

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Vain wrote: »
    Hi guys was thinking it could be cool if we could post up times dates and tv channels Christmas movies are on. Might be best not to have the ones from the sky movie channels posted up as alot of people and me dont have the sky movie subscription. But you can include other sky channels.

Example Home Alone 12/12/10 9pm bbc2

Good idea Vain! But where did you get that one for Home Alone? I thought it would have been too early yet to know the schedule for Christmas?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

leahyl wrote: »
    Good idea Vain! But where did you get that one for Home Alone? I thought it would have been too early yet to know the schedule for Christmas?

I think that may have been just an example, I don't think any details have been released yet for December viewing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Has Digiguide got the xmas schedules up yet? I've a sub but tbh haven't used it in about 6 months as I turned on my TV in about 6 months and was thinking of breaking the fast for xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

lockie1983 wrote: »
    I think that may have been just an example, I don't think any details have been released yet for December viewing.

ooops sorry:o I'm so silly:)!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

ooops sorry:o I'm so silly:)!

Ha ya was just a example :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

Good idea for a thread,

Christmas is probably the only time of year when I'll actually buy the RTE guide.

(Does anyone else buy it at other times of year?)

Love watching films that I've probably seen hundreds of times around christmas time. For some reason they're more special when they're shown on TV rather than just putting on the DVD.

It's like you know there are other people watching them at the same time as you, all sharing in the excitement!

The Xmas RTE Guide usually comes out around the 8th/9th of December and was €3.60 last year IIRC. Why bother with the TV? I've already got the following on my hard drive:

Miracle on 34th Street (Original)
    It's A Wonderful Life
    Blackadder Christmas Carol
    Jim Carrey's A Christmas Carol
    National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
    The Snowman/Father Christmas animated shorts

All waiting to be watched Christmas Eve/Christmas Day. I have DigiGuide and even that won't have the Christmas listings until mid to early December.

• Advertisement

Matias CoolS Timekeeper - it has to be on TV or it doesn't count - anyone can watch the DVD's or on PC's anytime of the year, but it's all about sitting down in front of the telly at a specific time to watch the films. Just throwing it on from a DVD can be done anytime of year and it loses all the waiting for the time its on and excitement.

Matias CoolS Timekeeper - it has to be on TV or it doesn't count - anyone can watch the DVD's or on PC's anytime of the year, but it's all about sitting down in front of the telly at a specific time to watch the films. Just throwing it on from a DVD can be done anytime of year and it loses all the waiting for the time its on and excitement.
    Ok point taken!

thanks van, (on other forums if I said something like that I would be killed) :D this forum is just so much nicer. love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭littlemis

ELF /tonight on rte1 @6.30:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Great idea :D Totally agree with the family sitting down to watch a film, it's different to people watching DVDs in their own room/time, nice to all watch one together.

<3 Elf too!

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭liamo22

Deck The Halls Tomorrow on Channel 4 @ 5:50pm :D

liamo22 wrote: »
    Deck The Halls Tomorrow on Channel 4 @ 5:50pm :D
    I'm not criticising but from what I've read and heard about this movie it's so bad I think it might make you cancel Christmas. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Butterflylove

Sky movies are doing a Christmas Channel this year starts on the 1st of Decemeber more info : http://movies.sky.com/christmas-channel-hd

Holding a vote for which ones you want to see on it here:
    http://movies.sky.com/sky-movies-launches-the-christmas-channel

Sky movies are doing a Christmas Channel this year starts on the 1st of Decemeber more info : http://movies.sky.com/christmas-channel-hd

Holding a vote for which ones you want to see on it here:
    http://movies.sky.com/sky-movies-launches-the-christmas-channel

I think, if I read the first posting right ,the writer just wants to know what is on tv,but not on sky movie channels as some people may not have those channels.:)

I'm not criticising but from what I've read and heard about this movie it's so bad I think it might make you cancel Christmas. :D

Or it might give you an idea on how to decorate your own house......PERSONALLY any Christmas movie good or not,warms the heart to see all the glow of the lights against the snow backdrop...No wonder we cant wait for the movies and adverts to come on tv and yes even the songs on the radio....It all adds to getting one in the mood for Christmas,don't you think???:)

• Advertisement

The Polar Express 27th November 18:35 RTE One
    The Santa Clause 4th December 18:35 RTE One

Ernest Saves Christmas 27 Nov 14:10 RTE Two

Fred Claus 5th December 17:25 Ch4
    Elf 12th December 17:40 Ch4

All according to DigiGuide that is!

littlemis wrote: »
    I think, if I read the first posting right ,the writer just wants to know what is on tv,but not on sky movie channels as some people may not have those channels.:)

Well I just thought because its actually a whole channel on sky movies just for Christmas Movies, it might be handy for others who do have the channels,

I know myself not everyone has the likes of TV3 ITV etc, :rolleyes:

Well I just thought because its actually a whole channel on sky movies just for Christmas Movies, it might be handy for others who do have the channels,

I know myself not everyone has the likes of TV3 ITV etc, :rolleyes:

PLEASE do not feel I was being nasty in any way.yes I too have the channels I was just comenting on the thread...personally as I mentioned before so long as it is to do with a Christmas movie on any tv station on my tv, then I will be watching......Merry Christmas to you and yours,with bright blessings to you all...:)

littlemis wrote: »
    PLEASE do not feel I was being nasty in any way.

Ah I didnt ;) Just thought Id save myself the energy and waste of setting up a new thread for it :p cute blessing btw same to you and yours.

Ps In case anyone is looking out for it the Radio Times guide is on sale on the 4th of december my OH prefers this one over the RTE guide,

:D so close so exciting!!

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cormac2791

The Polar Express 27th November 18:35 RTE One
    The Santa Clause 4th December 18:35 RTE One

Ernest Saves Christmas 27 Nov 14:10 RTE Two

Fred Claus 5th December 17:25 Ch4
    Elf 12th December 17:40 Ch4

All according to DigiGuide that is!

the santa claus was on rte 1 on the 3rd week of august there!! :L

the santa claus was on rte 1 on the 3rd week of august there!! :L
    That was Santa Clause 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭liamo22

Stealing Christmas - RTÉ One @ 03:10am (Sunday Morning)
    Grounded: Unaccompanied Minors - FIVE @ 4:25pm (Sunday)
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5 DisneyXFan

What date is Enchanted on Tv on RTE ONE. You know the one with Amy Adams in it.

Bad Santa 14th Dec 21:00 TV3
    Christmas with the Kranks 18th Dec 18:35 RTE One
    Deck the Halls 18th Dec 16:05 RTE Two
    Chasing Christmas 19th Dec 13:50 RTE One
    Crazy For Christmas 19th Dec 15:20 RTE One
    The Holiday 19th Dec 21:30 RTE One
    Christmas Town 22nd Dec 10:30 RTE One
    The Christmas Hope 23rd Dec 09:05 RTE One

• Advertisement

DisneyXFan wrote: »
    What date is Enchanted on Tv on RTE ONE. You know the one with Amy Adams in it.
    Nothing on DigiGuide yet. I'll keep an eye out for it and let you know! It's not really a Christmas film though.;)

Advertisement