Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft MCP access Problems

Options
  • 09-11-2010 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭

Anyone having any problems accessing the MCP website at the moment.

I was on to support on Sunday and got a mail back yesterday (see below).
    Now, I'm actually getting the temporary access code reset emails but when I try and login it says

"Error: 1: One or more of your entries does not match your Customer Profile record." I'm waiting for support to come back on this one but just wondering is it just me or is everyone having the same issue.

Bit of a pain this considering its not cheap to be part of this program

===============================
    Thank you for your e-mail regarding the access to the MCP Secure Site.

We would like to inform you that we are facing an unforeseen technical issue that does not allow our customers to log in to MCP Secure Site, however our Technical Department is aware of this issue and is working to resolve the problem as soon as possible.

Please be informed that we will contact you as soon as the issue is resolved.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.
    =========================

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭coolpix23

I'd say it's a scam.

From a country where they have good English but aren't proper English speakers. Like India,Packistan,Nigeria.

A real English speaker would say --- Thank you for your e-mail regarding access to the MCP Secure Site.

A spoof English speaker would say --- Thank you for your e-mail regarding the access to the MCP Secure Site.

Looks the same? Look again... a proper English speaker wouldn't put in the "the".

next -
    "We would like to inform you that we are facing an unforeseen technical issue that does not allow our customers to log in to MCP Secure Site" to me that's a realy good scammer, because that bit is TOO English good!

"Please be informed" mmmm

I havn't had a prob logging in...

check the address bar, does it have "https"?

Looks like a scam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Solyad wrote: »
    Anyone having any problems accessing the MCP website at the moment.

Mine works fine.
    Bit of a pain this considering its not cheap to be part of this program

Say what? All you have to do is pass an exam, any Microsoft exam, at €140.

coolpix23 wrote: »
    From a country where they have good English but aren't proper English speakers. Like India,Packistan,Nigeria.

Microsoft Support is in India.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

testicle wrote: »
    Say what? All you have to do is pass an exam, any Microsoft exam, at €140.

Well, that is the minimum of course but of course that quickly adds up and if you are not lucky enough to have a company pay for the exams its not what i call cheap...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Well, that is the minimum of course but of course that quickly adds up and if you are not lucky enough to have a company pay for the exams its not what i call cheap...

Yes, but to be part of the program, all you have to do is pass one exam. That's all you have to do to be "part of this program"

If your company doesn't pay, why bother doing them?

testicle wrote: »

If your company doesn't pay, why bother doing them?

Good question actually. Lets say I'm considering a job switch next year.
    Do you think these are an aid, or considered irrelevant by most hiring managers....

For myself I have 10 years IT experience, 6 of those in .net.
    Would a couple of microsoft certs make any difference.

I'm interested in hearing other peoples opinions on this one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭coolpix23

Solyad

With you're experience I would say there's no point for you to do an MCP.

The MCP site is just a member (club) site for people with an MCP. I never found anything on the MCP site of real use.

Patrick

Hi Coolpix

Well I only want access restored to the MCP site for transcript access.

It was more of a general question. Is there any perceived value in MCPD type certs what will all the brain dumps going around devaluing the program

Advertisement