Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Rider

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

grahambo wrote: »
    HAHAHA

"Your Ma"

Got a quote on a restricted SV650 S.... €1019 from Quinn :(

To high?
    or about right?

Booked a 2 day beginners course with Aaron Motor Cycle training as well

Excitement!!

That's cheap. I got 1260 first year, 660 second. Should be a piddle next year cause I'm dropping it to third party as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

Cool. Give me twenty minutes with some Adobe products.

Seriously, if a cop asks you for a restriction cert ask him from which Government approved body should you ask for it from?

There is no legal requirement for a cert, there is no system in place to validate a cert beyond the obvious.

If anybody would like a cert, I'll do you up one this evening. It doesn't matter since it holds no basis in law.

Anything signed by a person has a well defined basis in law.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

EvilMonkey wrote: »
    Anything signed by a person has a well defined basis in law.

Good.

So get a restricted ECU / set of washers off ebay for €50, install it and sign your own certificate. Hell of a lot cheaper than a €240 from FI International.

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Good.

So get a restricted ECU / set of washers off ebay for €50, install it and sign your own certificate. Hell of a lot cheaper than a €240 from FI International.

Exactly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

ECU's in my experience cost allot more than €50, then you have the problem that 90% people starting out on bikes wont have the confidence to diy it, But i agree that to comply with the law the bike just needs to be under 33BHP, doesn't mater how it is done or who does it.

• Advertisement

EvilMonkey wrote: »
    ECU's in my experience cost allot more than €50, then you have the problem that 90% people starting out on bikes wont have the confidence to diy it, But i agree that to comply with the law the bike just needs to be under 33BHP, doesn't mater how it is done or who does it.

You can get second hand ones for most bikes easily enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

You can get second hand ones for most bikes easily enough.

I found one on ebay within 30 seconds

Easy enough to find

G.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

grahambo wrote: »
    HAHAHA

"Your Ma"

Got a quote on a restricted SV650 S.... €1019 from Quinn :(

To high?
    or about right?

Booked a 2 day beginners course with Aaron Motor Cycle training as well

Excitement!!

When you do the course and get assessed, ask them to fill out the AON assessment form. This is because AON only accept their own form but Quinn will accept either! Found this out last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

I'm paying around €700 fully comp on an SV650, 23 with full licence and 1 years NCB.

Currently paying about €380 fully comp, 25 with full licence, 1 years NCB and a grade 2.

hobochris wrote: »
    Currently paying about €380 fully comp, 25 with full licence, 1 years NCB and a grade 2.

25 is the magic age.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭sleepysniper

Not the cops because they simply don't have the man power or time.

Its a matter of trust

But are the gaurds within their rights to test the bike by taking it for a spin if they believed the bike was unresticted, if they did have the manpower and time to do so?

I know every bike takes differently to a restiction kit, but anyone worth their salt should be able to tell by a quick spin if its resticted or not?:confused:

But are the gaurds within their rights to test the bike by taking it for a spin if they believed the bike was unresticted, if they did have the manpower and time to do so?

I know every bike takes differently to a restiction kit, but anyone worth their salt should be able to tell by a quick spin if its resticted or not?:confused:

TBH, the way I understand traffic law the cop could just look at your bike, say it was unrestricted and it would be up to you to prove otherwise in court. And your not allowed to question the gardai's judgement.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭phoenix0250

Well ive a Yamaha YZF R125 and i think its the best learner bike cuz 1) it just looks damn good,(looks like a 600cc too) 2) although it has a kick, its not THAT powerful so u can die...just my 2 cents :P

Well ive a Yamaha YZF R125 and i think its the best learner bike cuz 1) it just looks damn good,(looks like a 600cc too) 2) although it has a kick, its not THAT powerful so u can die...just my 2 cents :P

Just because it's a 125 doesn't mean it won't get you killed.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭sleepysniper

and you cant sit your full A test on a 125cc bike either, has to be >150.

Advertisement