Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCTV set up

Options
  • 09-11-2010 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭

Hi guys
    I have a question here for anyone that knows anything about CCTV systems - hopefully someone can help.

I have a shop and have dome cameras from previous tenants there - they are a couple years old but old tenant had no problems with them.
    So they've been wired up by the electrician and the cables all gathered in one place.

What do I need now to get the whole thing working?
    I need to purchase a monitor and a cctv 4 channel recorder - anything else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

From what you are saying it sounds like the previous tenant took the recorder with him.
    If the cameras are working then all you need is a dvr with enough channels for the amount of cameras in the shop, a monitor and a lockable box for the dvr.
    Setting up the dvr is another story

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Need some power supplies too.

Things are getting bad if they took the power supplies

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭abrr1000

Oh they even took the little manual roller shutter...things are very bad :p
    Ok I might try maplin electronics for a dvr and ask how to set it up.

Thanks!

Have a look here
    It's not the best looking site but they should have what you want and they are cheaper than Maplin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

abrr1000 wrote: »
    Hi guys
    I have a question here for anyone that knows anything about CCTV systems - hopefully someone can help.

I have a shop and have dome cameras from previous tenants there - they are a couple years old but old tenant had no problems with them.
    So they've been wired up by the electrician and the cables all gathered in one place.

What do I need now to get the whole thing working?
    I need to purchase a monitor and a cctv 4 channel recorder - anything else?

You should ring a few of the suppliers here for a system. Most of them will have systems set up for you to view before you buy. If your going to be using any footage in your shop as evidence it will need to have digital watermarking also.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭seanwindle22

i have fairly descent cameras 540tvl 3-10mm lens with ir but im looking for a descent dvr . i have one i got in china a while back but pictures are not great. i see from looking around that d1 recording seems fairly good. any advice would be great

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Do you have a budget in mind Sean?

Northwood Technology
    & Reliable Security are 2 suppliers I find very good.
    They would both have a good range for all budgets.

have a budget 500 to 600 want something descent. are you familiar with gtec security in uk i have dealt with them before. what spec should i be looking at

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You will get a relatively decent system for that price.
    Post up the specs, or a link, to what you are looking at.

• Advertisement

I haven't used gtec but know a few that have and they have nothing bad to say about them

KoolKid wrote: »
    You will get a relatively decent system for that price.
    Post up the specs, or a link, to what you are looking at.
    http://gtecsecurity.co.uk/cgi-bin/bb000001.pl?PRODUCTPAGE=8_9_Channel_Digital_CCTV_Recorders%2ehtml&ACTINIC_REFERRER=http%3a%2f%2fgtecsecurity%2eco%2euk%2fcgi%2dbin%2fbb000001%2epl%3fPRODUCTPAGE%3dCCTV_Digital_Video_Recorders%252ehtml
    i was looking at this unit probably a 1tb hdd is it worth the price for the spec detailed?

sorry the link has a password but its a standard password. the user name is GTEC and the password is cctvinstaller. this gives u access to all their pricing. thanks for d help guys.

An 8/9 channel machine doing 25fps@d1 is a bit low. Recording realtime it's only giving you 3fps@d1 per channel.
    The sr2009p looks ok and will do 480fps at the lowest resolution which they do not specify but is probably cif. Going from that it would do 100fps@d1 which will give 12fps per channel which is fine

thanks for the reply jnealon
    what spec would be best and would you be able to recommend a good machine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dublin546

Need to get CCTV monitoring at my premises any idea of what CCTV monitoring station to use..

Cheers

Shop around is all I can say.
    If you are open to using a UK company you will save a lot of money.
    Have you a cctv system in place, if so it mayneed some additions to work with the monitoring center

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dublin546

No CCTV System fitted on site

Advertisement