Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Festina lente

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

Great run on Sat! Did I spot you nailing the MarathonTalk magic mile as well on their website?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Yeah, I put in my BHAA time from September 1st (although technically it was supposed to be a time from between the 3rd and 17th)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭outforarun

Incredible times being posted here. Hard to believe you had a 5 mile PB of 46+ minutes back in post # 1. Inspiring stuff and savage progress of late.

8.76 in 45.59 (5.14 pace)

Slow run into work, taking it very easy still...

September: 17/196.88
    this year: 250/2776.3

7.3 in 47.58 (6.35 pace)

Super slow this evening. We brought the club down to do a lap of the Rathfarnham 5k course, get them used to the route before Sunday, and I went on sweeper duty at the back. It's much easier to manage all the different standards in the club when we're doing short intervals and coming back to the same start point regularly. On a longer run like this, even at an easy pace, we get very, very strung out :(

September: 18/204.18
    this year: 251/2783.6

• Advertisement

8.71 in 44.59 (5.09 pace)

And slow again. Haven't the slightest desire to push myself on a run...

September: 19/212.89
    this year: 252/2792.31

10.04 in 49.06 (4.54 pace)

Easy run home. Legs still feeling a bit blah, but there seems to be light at the end of the tunnel. The tunnel that my legs are going through. To get better.

No, I don't understand it either.

September: 19/222.93
    this year: 252/2802.35

10.04 in 49.49 (4.57 pace)

Easy run back into work. Legs still feeling flat and dead, but at least this run felt easy enough

September: 20/232.97
    this year: 253/2812.39

6.07 in 28.59 (4.46 pace)

Just a short and easy jog, with a few strides at the end. Legs feeling stronger, enough to give tomorrow a good bash anyway, but I don't think I'll be 100%...

September: 21/239.04
    this year: 254/2818.46

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Nice work today. Who supplies you with the EPO? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Nice work today. Who supplies you with the EPO? :D

Him and CL have found the new Turtle blood and wont share :mad::p

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Deedee2012

Well done Ray, think your young lad needs his own log too, I was well beaten by him this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

Deedee2012 wrote: »
    Well done Ray, think your young lad needs his own log too, I was well beaten by him this morning!

Lol, he likes that! Yeah he thrashed his mammy too. The plan was to run it together but at 3k I knew I could not sustain his pace and set him free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Smashing run again Ray!

Rathfarnham 5k 17.55 (chip time)

The more of these I do the less I can remember for the race reports - I think all the bouncing is damaging my brain:rolleyes:
    I honestly wasn't expecting a lot from this, I've been tired all week and my knee was sore during the warmup. But, it's a local race, great course, there were about 30 from the club doing it (some as their first real race) as well as the boy and the OH, so there was no way I'd miss it.
    Warmup was 5/10 minutes of easy jogging and then I got in position, good and close to the start because this race is always full of jokers. First k was fast. After telling all my clubmates to hold something back in the first straight, I hit 1k in 3.20 oops :o .
    So, 4k of hanging on for dear life :) Things thinned out by the time I got to Terenure, and I spent most of the road up by Bushy Park swapping places with a guy from Raheny, which was great because it kept me focused during that long stretch. The pair of us slowly closed in on the group in front (though neither of us could do anything when one of the junior runners from Bros Pearse cruised by halfway down the road). ks 2 and 3 were 3.39 and 3.41, perfect
    Turned the corner onto the home stretch again, and it was starting to hurt. Passed Mr Slow around the bridge, and got to the 4k mark in 3.36, helped by that downhill at the start line. Last k was long, but I managed to hold my place and pick up the pace a bit - 3.32 for the last k, including a sprint finish to pick up a place on the line :)

September: 22/244.04
    this year: 255/2823.46

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭banner_phoenix

Bloody hell cracking time Ray, congrats :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Fecking hell Ray I'm getting depressed reading this log! Great run again, now do the rest of us a favour and stop racing for a while to give the rest of us a chance to catch up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

That's some time - have been skimming through this log and its unreal what you achieved since you started it. - you've basically knocked 10mins off your 5k time in just over 2 years :eek:

Nah, 3 years since my first 5k. About 5 minutes in the last 2 years :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

RayCun wrote: »
    Nah, 3 years since my first 5k. About 5 minutes in the last 2 years :)

Ah ok - was going by your PB's in first post - still 5mins in 2yrs is some going..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭wrstan

Well done Ray
    Great day and great race report! Describes my experience exactly, especially the looooooooonnnnngggggggg last k :eek:. I kept saying to myself I'm gonna see the gantry any second! You had a good 5+ seconds per k on me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

Another fantastic result Ray, well done to all the family on a great day out:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Amazing result Ray. And you ran the first mile too fast... tut tut! The family did great too! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

:eek: Super running there Ray. Totally awesome!

7.18k in 38.15 (5.20 pace)

Easy run into James' for my regular EPO injection platelet donation

September: 24/251.22
    this year: 256/2830.64

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭LaHaine

Not one for posting much on other logs but just want to say fair play to you. Theres a few logs here that I really enjoy. Yours being one of them. A bit of dedication really has paid off for you. Good to see someone getting good rewards out of a bit of old fashioned hard work.

A 5k time there that I (as a 29yr old male) can only dream of. Sickening!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Congrats again Ray. Really was a fantastic result :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Congrats Ray, fantastic time and looks like the "boy" is keeping you in his sights!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

Younganne wrote: »
    Congrats Ray, fantastic time and looks like the "boy" is keeping you in his sights!:D

I said to him today that he'd have beaten his Dad's pb by the time he was 20...his response - "20??:eek:"

• Advertisement

9.56k in 48.42 (5.06 pace)

Easy run home from work

September: 25/260.78
    this year: 257/2840.2

Advertisement