Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rented apartment info please

Options
  • 09-11-2010 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

hey guys i posted a thread but cannot find it not sure if i posted it correctly

basically i need a bit of information in regards to my rented apartment

myself and my partner moved in a rented apartment in july we love it there , have made it like our home put money into it ect

since moving in i have found out im pregnant this wasnt planned and the apartment is not suitable for when i have the baby
    its a second floor apartment and the steps up to it are steep and slippy in the wet ,

we are now looking for a ground floor place or a house to rent , either way baby is going to be born in march befor are agreement is up , so we think its best to get out now and get settled before our new arrival comes.

Will we be entitled to our rent back ? or will we get in trouble for breaking agreement , info would be great

i haven’t contacted landlord as i wanted to see the feed back i get off here first .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Did you sign a standard one year lease? If so, not only won't you get rent/ deposit back, but the landlord could persue you for the rest of the year's lease; why you want to break your lease is irrelevant to the law (though you could always please your case with the landlord of course). Your best option is to find someone to take over your lease, ie a follow-on tenant, then your landlard has to give back your deposit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ciara2o1o

silja wrote: »
    Did you sign a standard one year lease? If so, not only won't you get rent/ deposit back, but the landlord could persue you for the rest of the year's lease; why you want to break your lease is irrelevant to the law (though you could always please your case with the landlord of course). Your best option is to find someone to take over your lease, ie a follow-on tenant, then your landlard has to give back your deposit.

yeah we signed a standard one year lease :(
    are we allowed advertise a property that is not ours ??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

ciara2o1o wrote: »
    yeah we signed a standard one year lease :(
    are we allowed advertise a property that is not ours ??

Just talk to the landlord and explain. In most cases they'll be happy as long as you get another tenant. Then you can go ahead and advertise.

Advertisement