Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

King Size Duvet

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

IKEA ftw. They have lots of different togs and types of duvets!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Wossack

Argos do duvets, though no idea what they're like..

http://www.argos.ie/ProductDisplayTRK019?partNumber=0328098

for example

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭girlyhappyface

Sorry Turlock, I'm gonna hijack the thread for a sec, but what's the best tog to get for the winter months? I dunno what mine is at the min, but it's not warm enough!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Turlock

Work away ghf that's exactly what I'm looking to know, I wouldn't know a good duvet from a bad one so I'm sure someone out there knows what they're doing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Wossack

they say 10+ (pos 12+) for winter afaik

very hard to say, as you'll usually go to your current duvet to see what it is, and then compare off that... but your current (read old), has probably lost a fair bit of, err, 'warmth'.. I know my old 14(!) is nowhere near as warm as our new 10 :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Got my last in dunnes a few years ago. I was surprised at the time to see M&S had reasonably priced down/feather ones. Shaws in dun laoghaire had cheap duvets too.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Shaws have lovely half price ones for 65

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

I'm shopping around for one at the min - arnotts have some on sale on their website and TK maxx have some good ones as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

I've seen lovely ones in Guineys, called Lady Clare or Lady Jane or something, I forget the exact price .... maybe €25 - 35?? The cover is that gorgeous soft microfibre, comes in a handy plastic carry/storage bag too.

P.S. Lidl are great in general, I shop there all the time, although their duvets seem to be made for people living in the Canaries. This is Ireland not Furteventura, so 7.5 tog is useless, and for €60, forget it! Lidl are completely out of touch on this one. For example, I have 2 duvets on my bed, one is 15 tog, the other 13.5 tog, and I have an electric blanket underneath. :eek: 13.5 tog is minimum for me. There's plenty of duvets to choose from between €30 and €50 in Guineys.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭maringo

15 tog is good winter weight - guineys or dunnes are as good as anywhere

• Advertisement
Advertisement