Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making recessed LED lights airtight

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 directlight

I just installed some air-tight trim kits for recessed (can) lighting in my house. Though my house is only 10 years old and has IC (Insulation Contact) cans, there was a substantial draft on windy days. The new trim kits are pretty much as advertized: AIR TIGHT. It's like night and day -- a real energy (i.e. money) saver.

They install in a few minutes with no tools. You'll need to know the exact make and model of your can to select the correct trim kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 paulvfr

I just installed some air-tight trim kits for recessed (can) lighting in my house. Though my house is only 10 years old

Where did you get them? link/info much appreciated.
    Thnx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I used http://www.aurora.eu.com/ aurora insulated fittings in a couple of places in my house, I got them in Edmundsons, I'm sure Kellihers electrical eurosales etc will have them too. they are about 25 euro each you can check the sticky on the main electrical page for a wholesaler near you.

the tin can fittings are cheaper and do a decent job but they are not quite as good as the insulated ones, but it comes down to what you want to spend and if you actually need them or not. The wholesalers will have the can type fittings too.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 spleonar88

Found an excellent product online for airtightness with LED downlights. Installed 40 in my house and the difference is unbelivable. No more cold spots. Cost was only €7 each with €10 delivery. Had them at the door 3 days later. Not sure if I can post the link but here goes anyway. www.downlightcoversdirect.ie .

Hi I am in the same predicament and came across this website. How have you you d them since installation. It would be great to hear how you got on

Advertisement