Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madness Arts Project

Options
  • 09-11-2010 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi everyone. My friend and I are in the process of putting together a project with the intention of dismantling some of the stigma that surrounds mental illness. We hope to interview people with bipolar, schizophrenia, anxiety etc. the interviews will be discuss when your illness started, how you have learned to cope with it, what your life is like now, etc. My friend will then take two portrait photographs of each interviewee to display how 'normal' people with a mental illness are and what an important part of society we form. I am a composer and hope to turn the interviews into pieces of music. we hope to exhibit this work in several galleries around Ireland. We need people who would be willing to take part in this project. We are based in Waterford but can come to you. We'd really appreciate any help with this project. please PM me with any questions. Thanks! :)

Advertisement