Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Berghaus Adventure Challenge - Support Iain Miller

Options
  • 09-11-2010 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Iain intends to continue the quest to make the first ascent of all of Donegal’s virgin Sea Stacks. In the last 3 years he has made the first ascents of over 50 sea stacks and has utilized extensive climbing experience and 20 years sea faring skills to develop a unique method of accessing (non motorized) and ascending (mostly Gri-Gri solo) these very remote and mildly intimidating gothic leviathans.

To ensure immaculate ethical ascents, all the stacks are free climbed on-sight and when he solos he ensures no-one knows where he is or what he is doing, and also carries NO means of contacting help. He strongly believes, to solo means to be totally and utterly alone.

Iain is the only Irish entrant shortlisted out of 1000's of applications.

Vote for this entry

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Done. How's things in the emerald isle? I was hoping there'd be an IBL on over the Christmas. However, if you're heading out to Glendo over the break let me know, I'll have a car but no pad.

Advertisement