Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Robberies in Firhouse (Dublin 24)

Options
  • 09-11-2010 4:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭

3 lads are breaking into peoples houses in Firhouse over the last few days. My 90yo granny was a victim last night and it turns out she's not the only one. They seem to be driving a black / dark coloured car and there is one tall skinny guy and 2 biggish guys. Be careful - they apparently have a crow bar and big lumps of wood.

Just to let you all know...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

This sounds very familiar. My mom was approached by a very tall guy outside our house last night as she was getting out of the car. He grabbed her bag and ran off into a nearby dark car where they sped away. There were also three of them. We live in Rathfarnham.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Pittybitty

Sounds like the same guys allright - my gran's neighbour copped them but only after they'd broken down the door. Cnuts :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Pittybitty wrote: »
    Sounds like the same guys allright - my gran's neighbour copped them but only after they'd broken down the door. Cnuts :mad:
    Is your nan Anne(I think, or maybe thats another neighbour?) from Mount Carmel Park?

Old lady a few houses down from my sister had 3 guys attack her front door with crowbars, lucky the neighbours heard something and scared them off.

[edit]Mums next door neighbour is a Garda in Rathfarnham, he says robberies in the local(Rathfarnham/Templeogue/Knocklyon area) have increased massively recently and to be careful, lock every door, keep porches locked etc.

Not Anne - Mary! Yup, Mount Carmel Park :)

Are you related to Sarah?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Yep! House sitting for her next week

Your mam is a friend of my mams so!

Small world :)

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

anyone got a better description of these guys?

Just one very tall skinny lad and 2 bigger lads in a dark coloured car, hatchback i think!

Advertisement