Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If time stood still.........

• 09-11-2010 4:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

My Lecturer told my class that time doesn't stand still for anyone. What would you if it did? Lets say for one hour you were the only one could move. What would you do?

Ps. This reminds me of a TV programme that used to be on when I was wee, Bernards Watch. Anyone watch it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Have kelly brooke sit on my face

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

steal some lots of money then with the remaining time undress lots of people in public, and wait for time to come back and hilarity to ensue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

double GG wrote: »
    My Lecturer told my class that time doesn't stand still for anyone. What would you if it did? Lets say for one hour you were the only one could move. What would you do?

only an hour??? that wouldn't leave much time for mischief....:(

*clean answer*i would probably be boring and just use the time to relax. no sounds/noise nothing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Do cameras continue to record during the hour like that tv show with the character called 'Angello' or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

leg it over to RTE (travel time approx 15 mins) and have my lips wrapped around sharon ni bheolain for the remaining 45 mins.

*sighs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

A lot of things that arent very legal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I would spend some 'time' getting illegal with sexy, way out of my league women and then I'd rob a bank or 5.

Not really much else a man should be doing with timestopping powers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

Ps. This reminds me of a TV programme that used to be on when I was wee, Bernards Watch. Anyone watch it?

I'd wait for Rod Serling to come out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

A lot of things that arent very legal.

Who'd be there to deem it illegal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

I would spend some 'time' getting illegal with sexy, way out of my league women and then I'd rob a bank or 5.

Not really much else a man should be doing with timestopping powers.

^^ pretty much what he said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Diapason

Probably spend the hour wondering why Sky wasn't working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

Who'd be there to deem it illegal?
    Good point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

I would most likely steal lots of money from a bank somewhere. Alot...

I wonder if objects really would be impossible to move if time froze

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

these replies are very rapey no wonder the wommins think ah is mysigonistic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

probably keep hitting the "reload current page" button. . . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Could my actions be traced when time started again?

If not, grope and steal. Break some stuff too.

phasers wrote: »
    Could my actions be traced when time started again?

If not, grope and steal. Break some stuff too.

more sexaul assault how quaint

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

quaint?

And in reference to your mysigony point: I'd be groping men. Is that better?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

My Lecturer told my class that time doesn't stand still for anyone.

Wow, sounds like you are getting top notch education for your euro there!

Id spend the hour walking on water.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Procasinator

Tigger wrote: »

Don't know if it's necessary misogynistic. While I agree the whole "rapey" thing might be an indication to someone feeling hatred towards women, it could also be the opposite: an obsession with women and sex.

phasers wrote: »
    quaint?

And in reference to your mysigony point: I'd be groping men. Is that better?

not really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

steal, grope, payback, etc you know, the usual.

Don't know if it's necessary misogynistic. While I agree the whole "rapey" thing might be an indication to someone feeling hatred towards women, it could also be the opposite: an obsession with women and sex.

the term can also be applied to the objectification and ill treatment of women
    but the point remains

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I used to love Bernard's watch!

I used to sit in exams and think, if only I had that watch, I could freeze time and go look up the answers!

Was that the one where he clicked his watch to stop time?
    And one time he said he'd help his friend win a tennis match by cheating?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

bluewolf wrote: »
    Was that the one where he clicked his watch to stop time?
    And one time he said he'd help his friend win a tennis match by cheating?

Yeah he had a watch that stopped time but he never did anything illegal. I remember one time he was in the car with his parents but he was hungry so he stopped time and then went to a shop for a sandwich. Instead of just taking the sandwich he put the exact change on the counter. Idiot.

the term can also be applied to the objectification and ill treatment of women
    but the point remains

Never seen it defined like that before. Objectification and ill treatment of women sounds like something a misogynistic person would do, but that is not what misogynistic person is.

Hell, even if someone sexually objectifies someone that doesn't mean they are sexist. Case in point that many men probably would state they want to have sexual relations with Beyonce (without putting a ring on it) or many girls would love to jump a pretty vampire of Michael Bublé, and yet many of these people are probably in happy and loving relationships.

All I'm trying to say is, if someone makes a casual remark of a sexual nature in a absurd hypothetical situation, it's a big jump to the conclude that AH is full of misogynists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

come, can you imagine an ever lasting orgasm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

I would spend the hour working with Clint Eastwood, Bruce Willis, Jeff Goldblum and Cameron Diaz to get time working again. It would probably take us the whole hour but we'd get the job done and save the world. And Bruce Willis would get to kiss Cameron Diaz.

**** that, I'd just sleep.

P.S. Time stood still for an hour last Sunday week, and what did everyone do? They slept. Admit it. :pac:

Saila wrote: »
    come, can you imagine an ever lasting orgasm

It's for an hour. Might be a bit embarrassing when people come back to motion if it's everlasting.

what are these women you speak of

faceman wrote: »
    Id spend the hour walking on water.

why? no one would believe you when it came 'back on'

and you'd be locked up for trying to convince everyone you were jesus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

I'd probably fap in as many public places as possible... preferably in the middle of O' Connell St.

Fart wrote: »
    I'd probably fap in as many public places as possible... preferably in the middle of O' Connell St.

theres always **** hanging around there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

I'd go to Tesco and get some things at the self service checkout. I'd pay for it with a load of one and two cent coins I have. Usually if I did that there would be people behind me tutting and shaking their heads (or worse).

I'd also look for some scumbag that has just spat a big phlegmy spit onto the ground and shove his face into his spit. I'm sick of having to avoid walking in phlegm so I'd like to teach one of these scumbags a lesson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

bluewolf wrote: »
    I wonder if objects really would be impossible to move if time froze
    Well technically even to move air you'd have to push some molecules out of your way. The only way to do that would be by giving the molecules what would effectively be an infinite acceleration. To do that, you'd need an infinite force. Hence, if time stood still you'd probably suffocate.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I would spend the hour trying to get behind the counter in a bank and nick some money. Than I'd go to the jewellers and rob some expensive stuff. Plus, I'd head into Brown Thomas and just take what I wanted.
    Steal stuff, basically is the answer I'm getting at here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭steo87

Pherekydes wrote: »
    I would spend the hour working with Clint Eastwood, Bruce Willis, Jeff Goldblum and Cameron Diaz to get time working again. It would probably take us the whole hour but we'd get the job done and save the world. And Bruce Willis would get to kiss Cameron Diaz.

**** that, I'd just sleep.

P.S. Time stood still for an hour last Sunday week, and what did everyone do? They slept. Admit it. :pac:

How low is your self esteem that in your own fantasy Bruce Willis gets the girl and you don't? :pac:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4dd1CbCuFg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Posy wrote: »
    Steal stuff, basically is the answer I'm getting at here.

Many people's wish!!! I'd do the exact same :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Pookah

I'd run around moving random objects, so when the time-standing-still time ran out, people would be left with weird objects in their hands, or missing things they were using.

steo87 wrote: »
    How low is your self esteem that in your own fantasy Bruce Willis gets the girl and you don't? :pac:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4dd1CbCuFg

It isn't lack of self esteem, it's realism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Show me a man who says he wouldn't use this situation for rape and I'll show you a liar. We're all a bit twisted, some just hide it well ;)

lizt wrote: »
    Yeah he had a watch that stopped time but he never did anything illegal. I remember one time he was in the car with his parents but he was hungry so he stopped time and then went to a shop for a sandwich. Instead of just taking the sandwich he put the exact change on the counter. Idiot.
    Bernard was a d1ck. I hated him.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Diapason

You wouldn't prefer your women a little more...animated?

Diapason wrote: »
    You wouldn't prefer your women a little more...animated?
    Hell no, them live ones fight back you know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

I'd probably forget that time stood still for an hour, put my clock back again and turn up for work an hour early all the while thinking 'Ha ha, everyone else forgot to put their clocks back'.

Yeah, my know all attitude blowing up in my face, that sounds about right

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Rocket19

I'm weird. I'd probably just walk around observing people. I love people watching anyway, this would just be an opportunity to do it properly. ha :rolleyes:

Just walking down the middle of O'Connell Street in the middle of the day would be pretty cool I think.
    Or walking around the city naked. Would security cameras still work? Cos that might be a bit embarrassing. Oh well...

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Show me a man who says he wouldn't use this situation for rape and I'll show you a liar.

You're trying to justify your own morals by claiming all men are the same.

They are not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭jetpack101

Got to a busy street like Grafton Street, strip everyone naked and site back waiting for the fun to start :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement