Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If time stood still.........

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Pherekydes wrote: »
    You're trying to justify your own morals by claiming all men are the same.

They are not.
    Yes, because I am genuinely a rapist and have chosen to admit it on an internet forum. Jump down off the high horse there mister, all the fun people are down here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Gunn4r

I would steal some cash head for the dail and make some sweet love to Mary Lou McDonald. Finish off with a small wee on Cowens fat head the lampy ****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

If I was on a plane, I'd get my mickey out in the middle of the aisle and go hell for leather

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

Tonight on the 6 o'clock news...

Time has stopped around the world, leaving thousands of watchmakers around the world unemployed.
    Large traffic pile-ups in all the world's capitals as millions of people become frozen in time

In other news, hundreds of bank branches and supermodels are due to be robbed and inappropriately touched...So long suckers!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

You're trying to justify your own morals by claiming all men are the same.

They are not.

You do realise your username is an anagram that sounds like "Fear Dykes"

I find that amusing....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭PanchoVilla

I'd run into Dáil Éireann, take off everyone's clothes, put them all in compromising sexual positions in the middle of the room, cover them all in baby oil, take numerous pictures making sure to get all their faces, then when time starts again I'd blackmail them all to force them to do their jobs properly.

Either that or I'd rob a bank and fondle the sexy ladies. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Never seen it defined like that before. Objectification and ill treatment of women sounds like something a misogynistic person would do, but that is not what misogynistic person is.

Hell, even if someone sexually objectifies someone that doesn't mean they are sexist. Case in point that many men probably would state they want to have sexual relations with Beyonce (without putting a ring on it) or many girls would love to jump a pretty vampire of Michael Bublé, and yet many of these people are probably in happy and loving relationships.

All I'm trying to say is, if someone makes a casual remark of a sexual nature in a absurd hypothetical situation, it's a big jump to the conclude that AH is full of misogynists.

read what i wrote again

i said its no wonder the womminz think ah is full of mysoginosts

not that i concluded anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Show me a man who says he wouldn't use this situation for rape and I'll show you a liar. We're all a bit twisted, some just hide it well ;)

project much

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Celtise

lizt wrote: »
    I used to love Bernard's watch!

I used to sit in exams and think, if only I had that watch, I could freeze time and go look up the answers!

Haha me too. I wish I still could...
    I would spend the hour working with Clint Eastwood, Bruce Willis, Jeff Goldblum and Cameron Diaz to get time working again. It would probably take us the whole hour but we'd get the job done and save the world. And Bruce Willis would get to kiss Cameron Diaz.

**** that, I'd just sleep.

P.S. Time stood still for an hour last Sunday week, and what did everyone do? They slept. Admit it. pacman.gif

Most people I know spent an extra hour drinking. :D

Blowfish wrote: »
    Well technically even to move air you'd have to push some molecules out of your way. The only way to do that would be by giving the molecules what would effectively be an infinite acceleration. To do that, you'd need an infinite force. Hence, if time stood still you'd probably suffocate.

I was just thinking that but sometimes thinking things through ruins the fun element.

I'd totally go nosy around my roommate's room and also nip into college and find where the exam papers are hidden. And of course general stealing of money/electronics would also be on the agenda.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Procasinator

Tigger wrote: »
    read what i wrote again

i said its no wonder the womminz think ah is full of mysoginosts

not that i concluded anything

It's implied. It might of been passive, but we would be silly to believe that your brought it up as a simple question or assertion, without implying the case yourself.

Either way, doesn't matter. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I'd give the culprits in Leinster house a barrage of hay-maker punches into the face, once time restarts it'll be like they recieved a 1000 punches at once. :pac:

Spend the hour putting people in embarrasing positions. Have a bunch of knackers cuddling each other in public.

Steal money, of course but leave a trail going all the way to a bank manager's house. :D

As I'm doing this I'll be delivering kicks up the arse to random people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

if my science is correct (maybe maybe not) if the earth stood still and nothing was moving except say you, you wouldn't see anything it would just be blackness as light wouldn't be able to travel/move?

danniemcq wrote: »
    if my science is correct (maybe maybe not) if the earth stood still and nothing was moving except say you, you wouldn't see anything it would just be blackness as light wouldn't be able to travel/move?

Well, the light that is currently there isn't going to disappear, either. So you should have light.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭smk89

Ok lets not get bogged down in semantics. You have an hour to do what ever you want consequence free!

Me, bank trip first then I'd find the closest changing room of the opposite sex.

Well, the light that is currently there isn't going to disappear, either. So you should have light.

unless you moved something then the particles of light would be moved and a void would be left, and you would probably also have to keep moving just to look for air too. although if everything had stopped how would your breath affect oxygen around you? would it leave a blackness as the light particles would be moved when you exhale?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭jacool

Brendog wrote: »
    You do realise your username is an anagram that sounds like "Fear Dykes"

I find that amusing....

This from a person whose anagram is "bog nerd". I find that amusing even though I can't accuse you of either.

Seriously, what's this with everyone robbing the banks? Last I heard they had no money.
    I would prefer to be able to put time back an hour and only I know. Into the bookies - write down all the results - clean up !!

unless you moved something then the particles of light would be moved and a void would be left, and you would probably also have to keep moving just to look for air too. although if everything had stopped how would your breath affect oxygen around you? would it leave a blackness as the light particles would be moved when you exhale?

I was thinking about all that, but then I realised it would wreck my head trying to do so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

If anyone was in the slight bit curious about Bernard and his watch! Here's part of an episode! Loads more on Youtube ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ShortyNolan

I would rob a bank, but if the cameras were still on that would not be good :L
    Also go down to Tesco and get a nice hd telly for the playstation and grab the shopping while im there,
    boom
    a good days work

I would rob a bank, but if the cameras were still on that would not be good :L
    Also go down to Tesco and get a nice hd telly for the playstation and grab the shopping while im there,
    boom
    a good days work

TV in tescos? Surely you'd be better doing to proper electronic retailer and getting a proper branded one. The money you save then would make paying for food in Tesco nothing really…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

So nobody here has any morals? Given the opportunity you'd steal, assault and rape people? For shame AH.

TBH, I'd probably steal a load of stuff too :o

So nobody here has any morals?

I guess not!! :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

Fianna Fail.

Serious, but 'mysterious' accident.

Etc etc.

I'd rob 86 billion from the IMF!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Remember that scene in Click where Sandler swapped the jaws off David Hasslehoff while time was frozen? I could happily spend an hour doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Smeggy

I'd go to the nearest sweet shop and eat all the Giant Buttons....

I'd also open my Christmas presents and re-wrap them.....

Advertisement