Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSc Physiotherapy UK

Options
  • 09-11-2010 5:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

MSc Rehabilitation Science/Physiotherapy Brighton
    I have just completed a 4 year general science degree where I specialized in Physiology. My hart was set on Physiotherapy an so I began applying to MSc in the UK.
    I attended interviews in both Teeside and Cumbria with the latter offering me a place. Unfortunately due to an inability to secure funding I had to decline.
    I was delighted when i was offered to attend an interview in Brighton for the MSc in Rehabilitation Science. The interview took place last week.
    There were 60 people in attendance all shapes and sizes from all corners of the globe. Many had been out of college for a few years and had worked in healthcare so they had an abundance of experience. We got an tour around the campus and a general talk of what would be expected of the chosen candidates, of which 19 places were on offer.
    I had been preparing for this interview for 2 months now, and had even gone to the trouble of studying anatomy as I felt it would help.
    Because there were so many applicants on the day I felt it was all rushed. I had my individual interview which lasted all of 5-7 minutes where I was asked three questions.(why do you want to be a physio, problem based learning,work experience) I found that the interviewer was questioning me as to why I would not 'take a year out' and get some experience as I may not be 'mature' enough for the intensity of the course!!I felt small and undermined! I felt i didn't get he opportunity to show my knowledge and felt rushed.
    A group interview took place after this where we had to work together to distinguish the best/worst 3 qualities of a physiotherapist where the tutor took notes of the most influential/talkative people.!!
    overall i was disappointed with how tings panned out on the day and will not be holding out any hope of been offered a place.
    All ready im looking into teaching secondary science in the UK (PGCE) as I feel time is passing and the complexity of gettin on one dese NHS funded course is near impossible unless you have been working for a minimum 1 year!
    Was anybody at the interview and how did you find out, or anybody got accepted onto the course in previous years.!maybe im been over dramatic but this is how i felt on the day.
    What should i do
    please share your thoughts...

Advertisement