Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hair extensions problems

Options
  • 09-11-2010 5:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭

About 2 months ago i had hair extensions done in a very reputable salon. They are supposed to last between 4 - 6 months depending on how they are cared for. I got the most expensive option as i was told this was the best in terms of low maintenance and keeping your own hair in good condition. Over the last two weeks SIX of the extensions/bonds have fallen out, i went back to the hair salon and after looking at them they said it wasn't the bond falling out, my own hair had come off too!!! From the root!!!! After looking at my head they confirmed there were a few tiny bald patches where the extensions had probably come from. But i was told that all this is my fault not theirs and i was wasting my time coming into see them.

They told me at first that i was using the wrong conditioner but after i pointed out to them that it was their conditioner for extensions i was using they then told me it was that i was using the wrong hairbrush!!! But i have the small root soft brush and the paddle brush from them too, in the end they said it was because my hair would have been too damaged before the extensions to hold them. At no point in the consultation was i told my hair was damaged to a point where i shouldn't have them done. I asked several times about the extensions damaging my hair as this was a concern and i was told if i went for this particular type there would be no damage whatsoever.

I was pretty much shown the door. Any suggestions on where to go with this?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Complaint in writing. Registered post.

Be clear that;
    1. You used their recommended care products.
    2. You had a consultation before work was done.
    3.Their extensions damaged your hair

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

In your complaint, ask for what you want them to do to make amends.

Do you want a refund or the price of removal and a new hairdo?

Give them 10 days to make amends and if they don't open a case with the small claims court.

How much did the extensions cost?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭oohlala

They cost 600 with the hair products i was told i had to get for them :(

To be honest now that i've several little bald patches i'm not sure what i want. They can't give me my hair back which is ideally what i would want!!! I guess i want them to fix my hair and remove extensions and refund me so i can go somewhere with better standards and service to get it done.

Obviously to a girl her hair is generally pretty important and that i have 6 little bald patches its really upsetting, goodness knows how many more before it gets sorted

Advertisement