Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can i claim for my 2 kids off the Social Welfare??

• 09-11-2010 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

My wife works and earns around 32k a year.I'm currently on the Dole after been made redundant so i'm getting 196 euro a week.We have 2 young kids and whilst we get our childrens allowance every month i was just wondering can i claim or am i entitled to money from the social welfare for my two kids as i'm currently out of work.

Replies much appreciated!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 FiFiTrixie

I really dont thinks so :(
    once there is 1 working they see that as covering the children

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

When you move off JSB to JSA your kids come into it.

Flat rate of one adult dependent and one child on JSA is €355.90 dole inclusive.

Means tested on your wifes wages you would be lucky to get €100 on JSA

kids and all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭wench

As your wife earns over €310 per week you don't get any extra for her. However, you should still be able to get half rate allowance for the children.

http://www.welfare.ie/syndicatedcontent/en/irish-social-welfare-system/claiming-a-social-welfare-payment/claiming-and-increase-in-your-payment-for-a-child-dependant/

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Revolver76

wench wrote: »
    As your wife earns over €310 per week you don't get any extra for her. However, you should still be able to get half rate allowance for the children.

http://www.welfare.ie/syndicatedcontent/en/irish-social-welfare-system/claiming-a-social-welfare-payment/claiming-and-increase-in-your-payment-for-a-child-dependant/

Thanks for that but i just copied and pasted from the above site and if reading right i can't claim if my wife's gross pay is more than 400 Euro.

Rates

You will get the full rate Increase for an Qualified Child if you get an Increase for a Qualified Adult for your spouse/partner or you are a lone parent.
    You will only get a half rate Increase for a Qualified Child if your spouse/partner has an income of over €310 a week or has a social welfare payment in their own right. If you and your spouse/partner are each getting a social welfare payment you will each get half the Increase for a Qualified Child.
    You will not get any Increase for a Qualified Child if you are claiming Illness Benefit, Injury Benefit, Health and Safety Benefit, Jobseeker's Benefit or Incapacity Supplement and your spouse's or partner's gross income is over €400.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭wench

Yes, You're right.
    I didn't realise there was a second limit in play, and stopped reading when I got to the bit I was looking for.

• Advertisement
Advertisement