Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to get Parcel in mail LATE tomorrow?

Options
  • 09-11-2010 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭

Is there anywhere I can get a Euro-bound parcel posted tomorrow very late in the Day. ie. 6pm? Probably an impossibility with an post? Is there anyone else that I could try in the City??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭apoeiguq3094y

Is there anywhere I can get a Euro-bound parcel posted tomorrow very late in the Day. ie. 6pm? Probably an impossibility with an post? Is there anyone else that I could try in the City??

after 6 I would think that it would be the same as posting it the next morning. The An Post depot on the Tuam Rd is the last pick up for post in galway. I think its 5.20 is the last time, but I'm not sure. Any post box will tell you what time the latest collection is at that box, and at the depot.

You could get a courier to collect it (e.g. UPS) but I don't know if they collect it that late. Most offer next day delivery in Europe (but you will pay for it) so if you have it collected Thursday morning, it would be at its destination on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

after 6 I would think that it would be the same as posting it the next morning. The An Post depot on the Tuam Rd is the last pick up for post in galway. I think its 5.20 is the last time, but I'm not sure. Any post box will tell you what time the latest collection is at that box, and at the depot.
    Your quite right. Was told the latest in Galway is 5.30pm at central post office.
    You could get a courier to collect it (e.g. UPS) but I don't know if they collect it that late. Most offer next day delivery in Europe (but you will pay for it) so if you have it collected Thursday morning, it would be at its destination on Friday.
    Yeah...thats the other option. Albeit...they are bloody expensive!! Could try DHL I suppose ...but not much difference...

I suppose I could try GLS as they're open 'til 6 (and can get to them then)...
    Not sure if they will be faster or slower than an post...although i know their rep. isn't the best...but really want to get this out asap....

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

There is a couriers forum but it's very quiet.
    Anyway, best bet is probably to ring a few of them tomorrow and see what they say.

If you want something to go express you're probably going to have to pay a bit extra.
    Time or money, can't have both :)

Thanks biko. I guess I will have to make do with extra time rather than extra money (It's 3x the price with DHL :( ).

• Advertisement

managed to get in to post office a bit earlier than expected. €27 for courier service (4 what turned out to be a 1 sheet envelope) that had the same 'expected time delivery' as regular post - :eek:

Advertisement