Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Humour

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Falthyron wrote: »
    But its not an isolated spoiler about a TV show. It bears relevance to the nature of the thread. The poster has taken an image and twisted it into the context of a videogame for the purpose of humour. If you weren't a gamer you wouldn't understand this joke at all. Therefore, the connection to the game aspect is stronger than the connection to the TV aspect.

Tbf, it's an absolutely massive spoiler to the end of the current season that only finished up on Sunday night in the states. If I hadn't watched the episode already I'd be fairly pissed if I saw that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

After being 4 weeks behind and essentially spoiler free for almost a month, you can't really say that people will have seen spoilers elsewhere in the time being, I barely know what happened last week except for what I can gather from the episode title.

While I'm not pissed at the spoiler, the episode aired last night like, this is a games thread not a GoT one, a bit of cop on wouldn't hurt.

Regardless, let's get back to the funnies before the mods arrive :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I'll tell you a joke.....

The Order: 1884

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

EoinHef wrote: »
    Ah here,you may be able to watch episodes the minute there out but most people cant,spoilers for TV shows dont belong in a gaming thread imo.

It was related to assassin creed a spoiler tag would have been sufficient but I wouldn't be banning them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Cormac... wrote: »
    I'll tell you a joke.....

The Order: 1884

:o

I can do one better.

Halo is a good FPS. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Saw this, and thought "NANOMACHINE, SON!"

https://twitter.com/nellucnhoj/status/747453974085767169

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Calhoun wrote: »
    It was related to assassin creed a spoiler tag would have been sufficient but I wouldn't be banning them.

I wouldnt suggest a ban either,or any form of sanction. I was just saying people being more careful about things if they could be a major spoiler would be nice. Just dont embed the image and then in all caps put POSSIBLE GAME OF THRONES SPOILER. A little bit of extra effort but worth it imo.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,433 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mod note Think you've all worked this out yourselves, but yeah go easy on the spoilers for GoT and indeed anything else. Very easy to respectfully hide any spoilers behind tags or an external link or, if it's an embedded video or something, a simple spoiler warning :)

It was the delivery that mattered in last night's episode anyway :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,436 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Oh my god!!! they beheaded Ned Stark!!!
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,075 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

You did it wrong though. No way of knowing what the spoiler is for before revealing it. :p

• Advertisement

1331075.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

16mvju.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Shane_ef wrote: »
    16mvju.jpg
    It's a creature feature.

ba dum tish

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

CmL5WAzXIAAAKB6.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

13528736_1048187368584351_6542697589652589204_n.jpg?oh=ab86fadfa35b21459912ca2581d48d09&oe=57FE0449

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Brutal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

tumblr_nzeo0mHvIG1rm45emo1_500.jpg

coming up the Uncharted version

Drake on me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

:D

r10j_A5g.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

With whole CS go drama. Still funny. Did not knew where to put. Gaming news where debate is or just funny, as it is funny.

That guy is hyper critical

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

That guy is hyper critical

'Tis all true though.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

'Tis all true though.

It is his style as youtuber, he does it with movies and stuff. I just found it funny how he did this apology. On top of that he is right.

metallurgy.png

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

With whole CS go drama. Still funny. Did not knew where to put. Gaming news where debate is or just funny, as it is funny.
    Based on this video, you obviously work for Tmartn, clever way to get more viewers :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

https://arcaderage.co/2016/07/10/gameplay-mechanics-explained/
    10 Different Gameplay Experiences Explained Using the Combat Mechanics

mart-virkus-game-combat-mechanics-explained-arcade-rage.jpg?w=1250

Advertisement