Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Humour

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I feel like he was cornered by the questions being asked. Any interviews I watched with him, he certainly didn't promise more than was delivered. But he was asked horrendous questions like "Will there be pvp dogfights" to which he responded something like "It will be possible, but very very improbable given the size of the universe players play in".

NMS was pretty much what I expected when I played it on launch as far as multiplayer was concerned. I felt like it was lacking in content though, but they made up for that with subsequent free updates which cleared them in my books.

This is a clear example of a bare faced lie from Murray! Nothing to do with 'difficult questions'.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,667 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah I have to agree with J Mysterio. There were many times when Murray talked about things that would be in the game that weren't, or certainly weren't at launch. Some times he was put on the spot and asked a question and just heavily implied something rather than outright confirming/denying, but some of his lies were featured in trailers iirc.

Their silence after the games release was also deafening. They almost completely shut down communications once the game was released for a few months.

I'm glad the game has been fleshed out more with new content and many who played it did enjoy it, but there were definite pure baldfaced lies from Murray before the game was released, and many chances to correct misinformation he had given. They chose not to do so.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/4y1h9i/wheres_the_no_mans_sky_we_were_sold_on_a_big_list/

J Mysterio wrote:
    Where do you think they got those ideas?

People, especially gamers see some video and then make assumptions. Sure Murray could have handled himself better but some of the things that people expected from the game came from their own imaginations. It's funny that I never got swept up in the hype and managed to enjoy the game as it delivered exactly what I expected based on the trailers and gameplay footage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭gaynorvader

J Mysterio wrote: »
    This is a clear example of a bare faced lie from Murray! Nothing to do with 'difficult questions'.
    Except it is possible, just you have to be on the same server in the same place at the same time. So not a lie at all, just a poor question with an answer that was read into by people.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I'm not going to be drawn into a protracted back and forth on this. It's well documented that Murray and his team over promised and under delivered.

Fans of the game want to give them a free pass, that's their business, but i'm not buying it. Guys also revelling in delight at free DLC seem to be also missing the point - Hello Games still havent delivered what they promised two years later. They never will either.

Also... We seem to have gone woefully off topic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

The game seemed to be a focal point for a lot of anger, people seemed to have am idea of what they expected from the game and when it didn't have that they got up in arms.e.

And whats wrong with that?

Someone promises me a bentley, and i pay for a bentley, they better not deliver me a ****ing mondeo!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Enough with the No Mans Sky talk. This is the humour thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

• Advertisement

Roadkilling the AFK'rs in PUBG is good honest fun.

Dude who jumped out of the way at the end chased me down the beach for the next 10 minutes after i drowned the bike

Holdfast: Voice is not mine, gameplay is. We ran out of tickets, and fell back to the church to defend the royal piano.

Derpy fisticuffs in PUBG

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

h1TV8mY.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

CruelCoin wrote: »
    Roadkilling the AFK'rs in PUBG is good honest fun.

Dude who jumped out of the way at the end chased me down the beach for the next 10 minutes after i drowned the bike

What's with the purple things above their head...and why is it visible through the map ?
    Is this always showing in Spectator mode. Surely it's no visible ingame as it would be a clear hack. You can't spectate your mates like this either I assume ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Yeeeeah... I've never seen those markers in the game. You hacking there matey?

SeantheMan wrote: »
    What's with the purple things above their head...and why is it visible through the map ?
    Is this always showing in Spectator mode. Surely it's no visible ingame as it would be a clear hack. You can't spectate your mates like this either I assume ?
    Yeeeeah... I've never seen those markers in the game. You hacking there matey?

It's in the new(ish) replay feature. You can reqatch the entire game, from the perspective of any player in your vicinity, you can see bullet trails on the minimap, you can use a free floating camera etc.
    If you're at all competitive as a player, it can help to see where you've ****ed up.

Much easier to make videos with the replay than with your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Shame. Hacking would have been way funnier.

None of it is funny

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

29792646_157092791607660_4030068121208004007_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=1ff004832b5c2b83bffcbd10f483b7ea&oe=5B3284BA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Man, Sony are really trying to pull in the Logan/Deadpool audience it seems :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

b53.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Man, Sony are really trying to pull in the Logan/Deadpool audience it seems :D

Looks more like it's been edited together with Mortal Kombat X. The outfits on the bone breaker bits look more akin to Mortal Kombat than what the thugs are actually wearing in the alley. Look very reminiscent of Sub Zero / Scorpion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭angryIreGamer

Looks more like it's been edited together with Mortal Kombat X. The outfits on the bone breaker bits look more akin to Mortal Kombat than what the thugs are actually wearing in the alley. Look very reminiscent of Sub Zero / Scorpion.

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fm.popkey.co%2F45fc3f%2FWgWQ1_f-thumbnail-100-0.jpg&f=1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Squaredude

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

40b875h51fr01.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,601 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

40b875h51fr01.jpg

Think this one is better.

pbulnqd2h2qsxa2ubnyw.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Yer man behind Zuckerberg looks absolutely pissed.

Advertisement