Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Humour

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭Doge

And this one is old but absolutely gold!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

pczonedec99page18.jpg

Came across this while looking for the old Kingpin PC Zone cover. How times have changed :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

gizmo wrote: »
    Came across this while looking for the old Kingpin PC Zone cover. How times have changed :pac:

Dunno was the magazine wrong, or did Halo go from third person to first person during development (there is a mod to the PC version to enable it).

We'd probably live in a very different gaming world if it ended up third person.

Dunno was the magazine wrong, or did Halo go from third person to first person during development (there is a mod to the PC version to enable it).

We'd probably live in a very different gaming world if it ended up third person.
    Yup, back at its original public E3 appearance in 2000, Halo was a third person action game for OS X and PC. A month later MS officially acquired Bungie and the rest is history. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

There was meant to be some small RTS elements to it as well, if I remember right. Plus the energy sword was in, the trailer ended with Chief fighting an Elite with it.

• Advertisement

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    There was meant to be some small RTS elements to it as well, if I remember right. Plus the energy sword was in, the trailer ended with Chief fighting an Elite with it.
    Before it was a third person action game it was a Myth-like RTS game if I remember correctly? Probably a pretty early prototype, if even that, given the lack of footage to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,069 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Pffft, kids today...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Pffft, kids today...

I want to push almost every single one of them, but not a kid who was like " Awesome! It's gameboy! I got one! Playing pokemon red and blue!"
    Those kids just look spoiled little ****s.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Those kids are kids. Of course they aren't impressed with the Gameboy...it's twice as old as any of them. You can't look at it nowadays and actually be impressed with it, bar from a nostalgia point of view. Great at the time, but a relic by todays standards.

I'd still happily sit down an play Tetris right now though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,708 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I want to push almost every single one of them, but not a kid who was like " Awesome! It's gameboy! I got one! Playing pokemon red and blue!"

Would you be impressed with Pong at their age?

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Advertisement

I am not talking about not being impressed, but how they talk and act. Their behaviour in general. I don't care that they are not impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

But it means nothing to them, it'd be like someone handing you an atari 2600 when you grew up on a ps3, course it'll look sh1te.

We're old now.

Edit: I watched the full vid, and everything they say is right, having to change batteries sucked, and having to buy ridiculously oversized contraptions to light the screen etc was stupid. We can look back on retro stuff with rose tinted glasses but if someone asked me if I would rather have my vita or an original gameboy I'd take the vita. I would love Link's Awakening though damn that game was great.

krudler wrote: »
    But it means nothing to them, it'd be like someone handing you an atari 2600 when you grew up on a ps3, course it'll look sh1te.

We're old now.

Edit: I watched the full vid, and everything they say is right, having to change batteries sucked, and having to buy ridiculously oversized contraptions to light the screen etc was stupid. We can look back on retro stuff with rose tinted glasses but if someone asked me if I would rather have my vita or an original gameboy I'd take the vita. I would love Link's Awakening though damn that game was great.

Read my last comment....

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Read my last comment....

Sorry had my post written before I saw that. I'm sure we would have been like that if our parents showed us the stuff they played with as kids too though :pac:

those "teens react to" vids just make me feel reaaally old, the Nirvana one is good where a few of them do agree that music in the 90s was better than now, which is was.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Invertpyramid

krudler wrote: »
    the Nirvana one is good where a few of them do agree that music in the 90s was better than now, which is was.

It wasn't. Todays music is just as good/bad as every other period that has come and gone before it.

You have fallen into a common trap. You are comparing the best of the 90's to the crap you would hear randomly on the radio or in the current top40 .....but that isn't the "best" of modern music, its just what's on right now.

If you judged any era of music by that standard, it would come up short. The 90's had just as much garbage as today does. If you picked out some classic tunes from the 80's and compared it to a random sampling from the 90's, you would come to the conclusion that the 80's was the better decade. And then if you compared the best of the 70's to a random sampling of 80's and so on.

The simple truth is that for every gem of a song, there is a thousand rubbish ones. That applies to any year you want to pick. You only think the 90's songs are better because you are only remembering the good ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

I remember this thread used to be about gaming humour :pac:

Boys_with_hoops_on_Chesnut_Street.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,991 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Considering their phones can emulate a N64, I think its fair to say they shouldn't be impressed.

I just don't find children amusing in the slightest...

10479071_10152644974813313_2407022560363628755_n.jpg

Kiith wrote: »
    Those kids are kids. Of course they aren't impressed with the Gameboy...it's twice as old as any of them. You can't look at it nowadays and actually be impressed with it, bar from a nostalgia point of view. Great at the time, but a relic by todays standards.

I'd still happily sit down an play Tetris right now though.

I never had a Gameboy and played a Gameboy Colour game for the first time at the weekend, it was Donkey Country Kong which I picked up in the Rage, and was hugely impressed, so nostalgia isn't necessary for me to be impressed with Retro Games!

Just look at this masterpiece:

Edit: I guess Donkey Kong Land on the orginal Gameboy would be more relevant to the kids video, even that looks amazing, really pushed the hardware:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Genius cosplay

wfeaspbwvfsk4jtr9mpx.gif

Does anyone else dislike the term cosplay?

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭House of Blaze

It's better than saying "I play dress up" though...

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Can't say it bothers me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I laughed out loud at that Luigi ! :D

I never called it cosplay at halloween growing up

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

I don't see what the problem is with the accepted term. Sure you never called it cosplay when you grew up because the term hadn't been created then and i assume it still probably wouldn't be called cosplay.

One is a defined hobby, while the other is kids dressing up so they can get sweets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Genius cosplay

wfeaspbwvfsk4jtr9mpx.gif

D-Piddy is awesome

That gif almost makes me want to buy a Wii U lol.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

A bit late but:
    jR1vwNZ.gif

8hwIigj.jpg

arqfhiY.jpg

Advertisement