Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Humour

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

• Registered Users Posts: 44 summonerm

Almost all live-action scenes in God of war series.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Still my favourite Game Grumps animation. The whole episode was actually fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I just don't what it is I'm not getting about Game Grumps, Its constantly recommended to me but I'm just not getting it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Its so bad, same for the Yogscast, overrated cack.

Some guy screaming and some guy laughing?

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

Cormac... wrote: »
    I just don't what it is I'm not getting about Game Grumps, Its constantly recommended to me but I'm just not getting it

just watched that one there. its not good. dont worry, you not getting it is showing good taste :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

+1 The whole thing is massively cringeworthy IMO. I have plenty of friends who love it and everyone has different tastes, I just don't get this type of humour and how it's funny, but that's on me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,452 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

To be fair, that video above has absolutely no context so it's no surprise it's baffling; random animation set to a clip from the last episode of a series; where the shouty player had completely lost patience / sanity, as the game was one of those niche, sadistic platformers knocking about - think 'I wanna be that guy' or 'Cat Mario' - and he had just spent 3/4 episodes trying to get past the first couple of levels. Embedding the video is like starting a joke with the punchline.

I'd say it's 50/50 whether GameGrumps are worth watching most of the time: Arin & Dan are usually the better duo to listen to, as anything with Barry, Ross or Suzie involved is pretty terrible. Dan's pretty funny and witty, kinda wasted on something like GameGrumps tbh, with a natural charm that can work well against Arin's (often staged) highly-strung demeanour. When Arin's obviously playing up the anger it can be pretty tedious, otherwise the patter can be pretty funny - in the same way listening to a couple of people waffling in a pub can be funny. Nothing gut-busting, but funny in a passing way.

So, ugh, yeah, it can be pretty terrible, but 99% of YouTube gaming videos is a garbage heap anyway so hey-ho.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

11831758_899298296809145_8796128755430196958_n.png?oh=14dfbf97a58bbe75027e9462ec84b7f1&oe=567A8025

^^^^^^^^^^^^

635032499732451276.png

• Registered Users Posts: 13,991 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Hand to my heart, took me a while to get that one.

pixelburp wrote: »
    To be fair, that video above has absolutely no context so it's no surprise it's baffling; random animation set to a clip from the last episode of a series

Embedding the video is like starting a joke with the punchline.

I get that all the time with watching the Co-optimal Podcast though and still find them funny, despite not watching the whole show and only watching the animated thing. TBH I CNBF watching 2 hours of ANYTHING game related
    pixelburp wrote: »
    and he had just spent 3/4 episodes trying to get past the first couple of levels. Embedding the video is like starting a joke with the punchline.

Just to come back to this.... my life is more precious than watching the bones of a day watching someone else play a handful of bad levels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

KFmsm15.png

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,452 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I get that all the time with watching the Co-optimal Podcast though and still find them funny, despite not watching the whole show and only watching the animated thing. TBH I CNBF watching 2 hours of ANYTHING game related

At the risk of being an old fogey - 'CNBF'? :confused::D

Just to come back to this.... my life is more precious than watching the bones of a day watching someone else play a handful of bad levels

Of course, tbh by and large I don't see the point of Lets Plays anway, and I just pop into GameGrumps occasionally; just figured on putting some context on the clip. Humour, like most things, being fairly subjective :)

^ CNBF = Could Not Be F**ked

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

gmxh1AR.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Skerries wrote: »

Damn, is this real? I was looking forward to the game but after this its a Day 1 :D

• Advertisement

Skerries wrote: »

A subtle way of Kojima showing what he thinks of Konami perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,650 ✭✭✭✭Penn

martyos121 wrote: »
    A subtle way of Kojima showing what he thinks of Konami perhaps?

That's a bit of a leap, in fairness...

Penn wrote: »
    That's a bit of a leap, in fairness...

Yeah, that was the joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,650 ✭✭✭✭Penn

martyos121 wrote: »
    Yeah, that was the joke.

Ah, fair enough. In fairness, I wouldn't put it past a lot of people to come up with similar theories. Saw someone on Reddit theorise recently that the mission in Ground Zeroes where you erase the logos of the previous MGS games was Kojima subtly commenting on what was happening with Konami (even though GZ came out about a year ago).

Penn wrote: »
    Ah, fair enough. In fairness, I wouldn't put it past a lot of people to come up with similar theories. Saw someone on Reddit theorise recently that the mission in Ground Zeroes where you erase the logos of the previous MGS games was Kojima subtly commenting on what was happening with Konami (even though GZ came out about a year ago).

Love reading those sort of conspiracy theories myself. So much effort goes into them that sometimes I can't tell if they're intentionally ridiculous or people actually believe such nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

My girlfriend is pregnant with our first child and I'm honestly looking forward to this game more than anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

My girlfriend is pregnant with our first child and I'm honestly looking forward to this game more than anything else.
    Im hyped for it aswell but all the games since II onwards have been so mind-numbingly awful I dont know if Ill know WTF is going on.

I imagine this will be the baby's first memory:

https://vine.co/v/ME9gxAe7pg3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Thargor wrote: »
    Im hyped for it aswell but all the games since II onwards have been so mind-numbingly awful I dont know if Ill know WTF is going on.

Well except that MGS3 is the best game in the series and Peace Walker is fantastic too.

Advertisement