Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Humour

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Bored in work , so went through some of the early pages, reposting some of classic ones from yester year :) (in case some of the newer members never seen em...and just to watch them again :) )

[/QUOTE]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Is it funny because you bought Minecraft Storymode?
    PerrinV2 wrote: »
    I thought it was just the spelling of Phantom was wrong.

I didn't think it would be so cryptic :P Sorry guys! It was Phantom, spelled wrong :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Friendly (seriously!) housekeeping note: If people are posting gifs, could they please check to make sure they're not really big (40-50mb plus) before embedding? There's been a few huge ones lately, and they'll cause headaches for anybody on mobile browsers or with less capable internet connections. Smaller ones are still perfectly fine, but if you are posting a super large moving image, please consider just posting a link instead. Thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

SeantheMan wrote: »
    ? What ?
    A lot of these 'jokes' or attempts at humor are becoming very niche specific lately.
    I for one have no interest in game journalists, so I don't know who any of them are. I also couldn't care for IGN as I think it's trash.

That being said, I did watch the video and read the screencap of the tweets...and still didn't get the 'joke' or funny side.

By that stage, with so much effort...any chance of laughing was gone :confused:

So can you explain what I'm missing here ?

Full video is here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ts3KZT1_QZo

Basically, they're console fanatics who don't have much knowledge of PC gaming, and are under the impression that video recording on PC is not possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭angryIreGamer

Full video is here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ts3KZT1_QZo

Basically, they're console fanatics who don't have much knowledge of PC gaming, and are under the impression that video recording on PC is not possible.

8X7uPPd.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

SeantheMan wrote: »
    ? What ?
    A lot of these 'jokes' or attempts at humor are becoming very niche specific lately.
    I for one have no interest in game journalists, so I don't know who any of them are. I also couldn't care for IGN as I think it's trash.

That being said, I did watch the video and read the screencap of the tweets...and still didn't get the 'joke' or funny side.

By that stage, with so much effort...any chance of laughing was gone :confused:

So can you explain what I'm missing here ?

Uh, so in a basic nutshell. Four blokes who are supposed to be knowledgeable about the various parts of gaming and how it work display a complete lack of knowledge of how PC's work and don't actually seem to realise that game recording and streaming has been on PC's for over a decade now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

That PC Master Race joke sure has gotten old. Especially since it's gone from being an ironic joke to a load of people actually wearing it as some badge of honor. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

9oJborm.png

e_e wrote: »
    That PC Master Race joke sure has gotten old. Especially since it's gone from being an ironic joke to a load of people actually wearing it as some badge of honor. :pac:

I think the whole PC Master Race meme reached top cringe last year, when a Redditor told his German pen-pal that he's "a proud member of the master race" :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

Links234 wrote: »
    I think the whole PC Master Race meme reached top cringe last year, when a Redditor told his German pen-pal that he's "a proud member of the master race" :pac:

top cringe was that "journalist" who said the term should be retired because 'pc master race' with too closely linked with the nazi party

• Advertisement

e_e wrote: »

There is a lad in my work who wears all black, has a bunch of PC master race posters around his desk and has a glowing keyboard. I'm not sure what to make of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

There is a lad in my work who wears all black, has a bunch of PC master race posters around his desk and has a glowing keyboard. I'm not sure what to make of him.

Neckbeard?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Back to the funnies, lads and ladies. We added a 'no PCMR' clause (and console equivalents) to this forum's charter because we, like many here, believe jokes get substantially less amusing the 30,000th time one hears them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

LUtke2j.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

oldie but a goodie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I don't play this game...but it was very funny.

FpCxHqA.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

12238082_965184926861774_5862940369035501805_o.jpg

CT-DAQ4WwAEzDUZ.png

LzDaZ78.png

• Advertisement

Going straight to the top of my Xmas list:

tumblr_ny24w9gwOl1sfjwhdo1_500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

CUa8tI1WEAEDlUy.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I noticed pc world were also trying to charge over 700euro for the star wars ps4 when it was 400 everywhere else. Cowboys!

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I noticed pc world were also trying to charge over 700euro for the star wars ps4 when it was 400 everywhere else. Cowboys!

http://www.pcworld.ie/Product/sony-playstation-4-with-uncharted-the-nathan-drake-collection/328896/404.2.0

PC World logic = Each Uncharted game costing over €100 euro each.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,627 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

That "Cowboys Ted" priest is in Return of the Jedi, apparently.

Crix Madine, he was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Am i the only one that sees there doing this to say people are saving money on black friday when there not ?. As mark my words the consoles will be a black friday deal. ;)

Black Friday is a pointless nonsensical fake commercial holiday, but the reactions of people are even more f*cking stupid. Going crazy over a discounted TV. F*ck off with your nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Black Friday is a pointless nonsensical fake commercial holiday, but the reactions of people are even more f*cking stupid. Going crazy over a discounted TV. F*ck off with your nonsense.

Where did you see this TV?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,031 ✭✭✭Patser

Where did you see this TV?

Feck off it's mine.... I'll scar you if you even look at it.

Advertisement