Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Humour

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,436 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Whats the from?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Skerries wrote: »
    aCNRSVb.png

Load "*",8,1

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

It keeps getting better as it goes along.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Cg_7-tjWkAMbwRc.jpg:large

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I fell like there's the obvious "dumb/silly" humour going on there.... but also like some sort of huge, smart, social commentary, meta humour that I'm not getting :o

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Life needs to be less realistic

w3LfIm2.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

Have to say, I don't ever remember Lydia being that happy to carry my stuff...

"I'm sworn to carry your burdens....."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

sheep? wrote: »
    Have to say, I don't ever remember Lydia being that happy to carry my stuff...

"I'm sworn to carry your burdens....."

Then she goes and stands on a trap.

Still havent forgiven her for dying while carrying my crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

I felt so bad when one of my arrows hit her in the head, boom, dead.

But then I realised she got in my way, was carrying so much good sh1t, and I was stuck right in the middle of Blackreach. Goddamn.

• Advertisement

Then she goes and stands on a trap.

Still havent forgiven her for dying while carrying my crap.

She could only die from friendly fire so you actually killed her :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

sheep? wrote: »
    I felt so bad when one of my arrows hit her in the head, boom, dead.

But then I realised she got in my way, was carrying so much good sh1t, and I was stuck right in the middle of Blackreach. Goddamn.

It's been a good while since I played Skyrim but the sound of those fúckin nirnroot will haunt me till the day I die...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

GerB40 wrote: »
    It's been a good while since I played Skyrim but the sound of those fúckin nirnroot will haunt me till the day I die...

Here's 10 minutes of it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

XvRFnok.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

I'm a bit lost on the relation to gaming humour on this one ...can someone enlighten me ?

Is he a regular boardsie or something ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I'm a bit lost on the relation to gaming humour on this one ...can someone enlighten me ?

Is he a regular boardsie or something ?

He works fof Gamespot iirc.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I thought it was Danny Dyer until I seen the gamespot comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

I missed the O, I thought it was Danny ****ing Dwyer.

• Advertisement

He works fof Gamespot iirc.

ok, and what's the gaming reference, because that's the part I'm missing :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

He's a twitch streamer by the look of it

I'll allow it! :pac:

Yeah I did wonder whether it'd fit into the thread but I just assumed everyone would be like "oh yeah, that Irish guy who works for Gamespot. Haha" :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

http://www.pointandclickbait.com/2016/05/game-review-guidelines-updated/
    Major games journalism outlets are scrambling to re-issue their review scores in line with the new guidelines put out by the International Gamer Council today.

The Council traditionally revises review score guidelines once per calendar year but was forced to convene an emergency meeting when IGN announced that Uncharted 4 was “only” an 8.8 out of 10.

“Gamers have a right to be concerned when games like Uncharted 4, which are clearly amazing judging by the trailers we’ve seen, aren’t scoring at least a 9.5/10 every single time,” announced the Council in a press release.

“Game journalists often have wrong, or incorrect ideas about what a review score conveys to the reader.”

“We feel this latest adjustment to the review guidelines will help games journalists better understand what numbers actually mean.”

The new guidelines, explained

review-guidelines-2.png

Fortunately for games journalists, who are notorious for their poor reading comprehension, the new guidelines are easy to comply with.

“Journalists are now advised that eight (8) out of ten (10) now represents a ‘bad’ score,” claims the new guidelines. “All AAA or blockbuster games must be given a minimum score of nine (9) out of ten (10).”

The International Gamer Council explains that seven has been “removed from circulation”.

“The number seven (7) does not exist. If you should be tempted to score a game seven (7) out of ten (10), instead simply do not review the game at all.”

Point & Clickbait is definitely one of the best satire sites going, I love it :D

e_e wrote: »

"Ridge Racer! Riiiiidge Raaaaacer!"

"Actually took place in ancient Japan... here's this giant enemy crab."

Amazing in retrospect how much they recovered from this.
    https://twitter.com/KazHiraiCEO/status/729755917399539717

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

e_e wrote: »
    And now we can easily view the whole thing at the best quality.

Funny how everything has flipped now.. with Microsoft having the embarrassing e3 launch for the Xbox One.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

ylISOcE.jpg

Advertisement