Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How does repeating the LC work? do you lose out on free fees for third level?

• 09-11-2010 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

I'm curious, i've been working for the past 5 years having did my LC around 2008, scored around 210 points, I've saved up roughly 35,000k possibly wondering if I could do my last year in the institute of education. DO you think they would take me on having been awhile since I did mine?

Thanks..

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,232 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It's a business. If you have the money, they'll sell you the product.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

They'll definitely take you, but look at the subjects/levels they offer, they may not have yours. Fairly sure you don't lose out on fees if you've never been before, but I could be wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

I'm curious, i've been working for the past 5 years having did my LC around 2008, scored around 210 points, I've saved up roughly 35,000k possibly wondering if I could do my last year in the institute of education. DO you think they would take me on having been awhile since I did mine?

Thanks..

If you've never been to third level, it doesn't matter how many times you do the LC, you still get free fees.

The institute will take you if you have the money, it's that simple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

If you've never been to third level, it doesn't matter how many times you do the LC, you still get free fees.
    This.

It's if you go back and repeat a year of third-level that you end up paying fees for that year the second time round, nothing to do with the number of times you sit LC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

Oh yeah, they'd take you in with no problem. There is someone in my Irish class who did her leaving in 04/05 or that far back.

This year or next year? Joining this late in the year is a little iffy because we've done so much. You'll have no problem joining next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Aoifums wrote: »
    Oh yeah, they'd take you in with no problem. There is someone in my Irish class who did her leaving in 04/05 or that far back.

This year or next year? Joining this late in the year is a little iffy because we've done so much. You'll have no problem joining next year.

Yes definitely join next year, especially if you are going into 6th. You will have missed a fairly large chunk of work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I only came back last week,if you're willing to work flat out for the next few months then no,it isn't too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

greetings wrote: »
    I only came back last week,if you're willing to work flat out for the next few months then no,it isn't too late.

Seriously? :eek: Fair play to you. I know I couldn't catch up with so much work and the Christmas tests start next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Patri

This.

It's if you go back and repeat a year of third-level that you end up paying fees for that year the second time round, nothing to do with the number of times you sit LC.

Ya but is he/she not talking about going into third level for the first time? Rainbowtrout was only helping.

• Advertisement

Patri wrote: »
    Ya but is he/she not talking about going into third level for the first time? Rainbowtrout was only helping.
    I know, I was agreeing with her?! :confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Patri

I know, I was agreeing with her?! :confused::confused:

Ah :pac: misread it sorry :)

No worries! :p

Advertisement